A Caribbean Unicycle Adventure

Old January 31st 05, 02:23 PM
zod

Thanks for sharing as always Nathan!

--
zod - Southern Fried mUni

"We say grace and we say ma'am, if you aint into that we don't give a
damn"
zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

Old February 1st 05, 02:28 AM
aspenmike

Nathan, what a nice writeup and pics. The Gauntlet sounds like a place
that I would like allot. A limestone cave that use to be a disco, thats
different. That waterfall was beautiful!
soon we were enjoying the perfect water with white sand - a tropical

paradise. Tropical paradise sounds pretty sweet right about now, as
Aspen is full on winter these days. Unicycle adventures are the best,
thanks for sharing yours. Cheers.

--
aspenmike - unicycling albino
aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768

Old February 1st 05, 03:22 AM
lleberg

Really nice story and pictures, i think unicycle is a very good way to
meet more people when you're abroad, though, i haven't tried it, but i
will, soon enough.

--
lleberg - Level 4 unicyclist

I 3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

Old February 2nd 05, 05:14 PM
nathan

Thanks for all the comments from far and wide around the globeg!

Sorry I wasn't clear about bringing the unicycles on the plane. Each of
us used a bag and checked the uni in as regular baggage (sporting
equipment). I've done this dozens of times and never had a problem with
paying extra or sustaining any damage. For wheel sizes up to 29" the
normal unicycle-shaped bags we have work great. Attached is a photo of
Andy's - he takes the seat off. Mine is more unicycle shaped - I just
take off the pedals. Sorry I don't have a photo of that handy. These
bags were made by Roach and used to be sold by Unicycle.com.

Cokers are trickier. I take the frame and everything off and have 36"
around bags for just the wheels. See this photo http://tinyurl.com/56e7l
No problem with these as checked luggage either.

---Nathan

|Attachment filename: holiday 2005-01-14 0615 ac - usa - msp airport - andy's unicycle bag - 09-0335small.jpg|
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/274265|

nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old February 2nd 05, 07:45 PM
tomblackwood

nathan wrote:
*I have 36" around bags for just the wheels. See this photo
http://tinyurl.com/56e7l No problem with these as checked luggage
either.*

Nathan, I hesitate to ask more of someone that already contributes so
much to the uni community, but I bet that if you and Megumi were willing
to write down a one-pager on how you make those super cool Coker wheel
bags (i.e. size and type of material needed, shape it's cut into, basic
assembly instructions, how the handle or strap works and is attached,
how you pack the wheel in once the bag is complete, etc.), you would
have the undying gratitude of 36" riders everywhere.

I really want to make one, but I know from experience if I just wander
into it without guidance it will become a hack job of epic proportions
.

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

Old February 19th 05, 02:19 PM
U-Turn

I really appreciate all the photos you take and give us access to,
Nathan. You would be surprised, I think, at how much time I have spent
scrutinizing them. Thank you!

I'm wondering how Andy's uni did and what you guys thought of it.
Specifically, did he have any leg clearance issues with using the Large
Marge in conjunction with what appears to be a Suzue hub?

--
U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Unicycle ascent/descent of Mt. Evans - 14,264 feet gbarnes Unicycling 19 August 11th 04 02:48 AM
surfing on a unicycle, tips and tricks... paulie pavlic Unicycling 10 November 15th 03 10:38 PM
NZ Unicycle Weekend GizmoDuck Unicycling 6 November 3rd 03 07:37 AM
New Unicycle types! XWonka Unicycling 16 October 15th 03 08:54 PM
My first unicycle showard Unicycling 1 October 3rd 03 06:20 AM