price of 2nd hand bike?

Old November 21st 07, 07:54 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Meeba[_8_]

Default price of 2nd hand bike?

How much should l pay for one thats about 2 yrs old, ,, (05-06 model?)
say 50% of what the current (07-08 offered in shops now )model is
worth?

Generally how much do they depreciate after rolling off the shop
floor(or having one owner?)
thanks for any advice!

--
Meeba

Old November 21st 07, 08:55 PM posted to aus.bicycle
scotty72[_79_]

Meeba Wrote:
How much should l pay for one thats about 2 yrs old, ,, (05-06 model?)
say 50% of what the current (07-08 offered in shops now )model is
worth?

Generally how much do they depreciate after rolling off the shop
floor(or having one owner?)
thanks for any advice!Hate to sound difficult, but it is worth what ever someone will pay for

it.

Let it slide a while, if no one picks it up, offer less and see if he
accepts it.

SCotty

--
scotty72

Old November 22nd 07, 01:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
thefathippy

On Nov 22, 6:54 am, Meeba Meeba.30e...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
How much should l pay for one thats about 2 yrs old, ,, (05-06 model?)
say 50% of what the current (07-08 offered in shops now )model is
worth?

Generally how much do they depreciate after rolling off the shop
floor(or having one owner?)
thanks for any advice!

--
Meeba

If second hand, you'd be aiming for no more than 50% of new, but I'd
look at new for that bike, not necessarily the 08 model. Some bikes
are lower/higher specced now, and RRP should reflect that. The current
model of my roadie is lower specced than my one, so I was happy to pay
mopre than 50% of current, but I only paid 50% of its new price.

Tony F
Old November 22nd 07, 01:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Travis

On Nov 22, 4:54 am, Meeba Meeba.30e...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
How much should l pay for one thats about 2 yrs old, ,, (05-06 model?)
say 50% of what the current (07-08 offered in shops now )model is
worth?

Generally how much do they depreciate after rolling off the shop
floor(or having one owner?)
thanks for any advice!

--
Meeba

Lots of bikes on eBay, watch a few auctions on bikes similar to what
you are after and you should get your answer.

Travis
Old November 22nd 07, 07:42 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Meeba[_9_]

Lots of bikes on eBay, watch a few auctions on bikes similar to what
you are after and you should get your answer.

Travis

Thanks for all the advice guys ,, lve been watching ebay and l suppose
it basically depends on how much l want this bike.... lm going to have
to haggle (yuk)
thanks again

--
Meeba

Old November 23rd 07, 01:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
petulance

On Nov 22, 12:12 pm, thefathippy wrote:

The current model of my roadie is lower specced than my one, so I was happy to pay

^^^^^^^^^^^

what??? you have taking up scumming?

Old November 26th 07, 12:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
thefathippy

On Nov 23, 12:48 pm, petulance wrote:
On Nov 22, 12:12 pm, thefathippy wrote:

The current model of my roadie is lower specced than my one, so I was happy to pay

^^^^^^^^^^^

what??? you have taking up scumming?

sob... oh yes, the shame of it all. ;^)

I am a scummer. There. I said it. Aren't there some kind of meetings
I should go to?

Of course, the scummerer is merely N+1, and while it will do more kms,
I'll be on it for less time, and mainly using it for commuting duties.
Although I did find myself out one night seeking out "the long way",
and hills. When I got home, I had to scrub and scrub to wash away the
feeling of shame.

I still prefer mtbs, but scumming it ain't so bad. Just between you
and me, in the right circumstances, scumming can be fun. shhhhhh...

Tony F
off all bikes after a trip to the vet

Left/hand right hand brain? make me smrt? unibikeling Unicycling 1 September 3rd 07 04:05 AM
Televised fight: Mossad trained hand-to-hand fighter with Jake McCrann War Office Australia 0 July 25th 07 09:08 PM
Bike hand pumps Mark Australia 21 December 23rd 05 03:18 AM
Buying a 2nd Hand Bike petulance Australia 6 September 18th 05 01:38 PM
My new (second-hand) bike Alex Potter UK 4 August 21st 05 08:31 AM