Australian Jersye

Old November 21st 07, 05:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bob C

Default Australian Jersye

Need to stand out as Aussies in the crowds on Alpe L'huez this year -
any suggestions for a "standout' cycling jersey?
--
Bob C

Old November 21st 07, 05:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
blah

Bob C wrote:
Need to stand out as Aussies in the crowds on Alpe L'huez this year -
any suggestions for a "standout' cycling jersey?
--
Bob C

Where are you based? From Melbourne, the missus and I love to see guys
in AFL jerseys on the mountains. Stands out like dog's ********. That
and a boxing kangaroo flag. Of course, not a cycling jersey...
Old November 21st 07, 06:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jack Russell

Bob C wrote:
Need to stand out as Aussies in the crowds on Alpe L'huez this year -
any suggestions for a "standout' cycling jersey?

Could well be a Vodafone tracksuit going cheap in Sydney on Sunday!

--
Remove norubbish to reply
Old November 22nd 07, 02:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
phillip brown

On Nov 21, 4:01 pm, Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:
Need to stand out as Aussies in the crowds on Alpe L'huez this year -
any suggestions for a "standout' cycling jersey?
--
Bob C

http://www.cyclingsports.com.au/Resu...leeve%20Jersey

phillip brown
Old November 23rd 07, 02:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
bugly

On Nov 21, 3:01 pm, Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:
Need to stand out as Aussies in the crowds on Alpe L'huez this year -
any suggestions for a "standout' cycling jersey?
--
Bob C

this stands out:

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/STJESW7SA
Old November 26th 07, 11:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Spider1977[_3_]

Bob C Wrote:
Need to stand out as Aussies in the crowds on Alpe L'huez this year -

How do you propose to stand out from the other couple of thousand
Aussie's who'll be there as well?

I was there in 2005, more Aussies than you could poke a stick at!

I've never seen so many Dutchmen in one place as well, including
Amsterdam and hockey matches in Melbourne. I asked one family in the
camp ground at Bourg d'Oissan if there were any people left in Holland.
The reply, "Only grandmothers looking after the dog."

Watch out for Italians offering drinks, I spent a very happy few hours
with a mate and three italians drinking their booze (they couldn't speak
english and my italian is non-existent). Hand signals and lots of
cyclist's names kept the conversation flowing. I staggered back to camp
and in to bed at 4am, only to be woken up at 6am by my fellow cycling
travellers for the morning ascent of the Alpe, the day the tour finished
there. Did it in about 70 mins, and can't say I remember much. Met
Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin at the top, I think they still smelt the
booze on me.

The stage this year could be good - ride to Lauteret (or even to top of
the Galiber) and watch the tour pass there and then take the 30km
descent back to Borg d'Oissan and watch them go up Alpe d' Huez. Two
views in the one day - what a blast!

--
Spider1977

Old November 27th 07, 04:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bob C

Default Australian Jersey

Spider1977 wrote:
Bob C Wrote:
[...]

We are lucky enough to be staying in a Chalet on Alpe d' Huez on one of
the last bends up near the top for a week, so the Alpe d'Huez day should
be a blast. I suspect that they'll go past at a reasonable speed, so we
might get to see the favourites if we can elbow thru the crowds. I'll
just have to rely on my Aussie flag bandanna to stand out - if nothing
else it will keep the (hopefully) sun off my pate. Don't think that a
Boxing Kangaroo or Aussie flag will be my style, nor at my age will
running up the hill in front of Cadel and brandishing such a flag!

--
Bob C

australian video! tomtrevor Unicycling 0 January 9th 07 12:03 PM
Australian DVD mtb mag now available tony f Australia 0 December 8th 04 10:35 PM
I Think Australian Should Be Bill Bonde ( ``Soli Deo Gloria'' ) Australia 1 August 30th 04 04:12 AM
I Think Australian Should Be bag_head Australia 2 August 30th 04 02:52 AM
Next Australian PM Next PM Australia 3 August 24th 04 11:04 AM