Need to go faster / New to road bikes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 5th 03, 11:36 PM
Ken

Default Need to go faster / New to road bikes

"Ken Bessler" wrote in
:
Herin lies the problem - I'm running out of gear - I mean
on a slight downhill or with a tailwind I top out at
about 23-25 mph and I feel like I need more gearing.
I'm in 10th gear and peddaling like mad and my legs
feel like I'm in 5th gear or so.

Learn to pedal faster and more smoothly. A 52-13 gear is pleanty fast enough
to get you up to 40mph if you pedal at a good cadence. Serious recreational
riders should be able to get up to 200 rpm for short sprints. Even pro
racers use only slightly faster gears than what you have (maybe 1 more tooth
in front and 1 less in back).

Random thoughts about bikes (really long)..... Buck General 3 August 30th 03 09:20 AM
Considering a Road bike for commuting... good idea? Mike Beauchamp General 116 August 18th 03 11:44 PM
hybrid bikes Doug Purdy General 8 August 10th 03 05:20 PM
Looking for a cheap road bike Mike Jacoubowsky General 8 August 7th 03 12:12 AM
Do they Make Kids Road Bikes Privatelife General 10 July 24th 03 01:20 PM