Rain, Finally

Old February 20th 04, 02:11 PM
Scott

Default Rain, Finally

Finally, a nice rain this morning to wash away the accumulated
dreck and sludge of a Wisconsin Winter. My bike looks almost
clean

There is nothing finer than the first whisper of Spring after
months of shouting snow and screaming cold.

Scott, practicing the benign neglect method of Bike Maintenance ;
(and really at notscape det not)

Old February 20th 04, 02:19 PM
psycholist

Well, I saw a stand of daffodils in full bloom yesterday down here in the
Upstate area of South Carolina. We've had a realtively cool winter.
Yesterday was the first day into the 60s and we got close to 70. It was my
first chance to do a thorough bike cleaning after all the winter miles, and
a first chance to ride outside in shorts and short sleeved jersey.

Of course, down here, the first real sign of Spring that anyone cares about
is the Daytona 500. I don't recall if Dale Earnhart Jr. saw his shadow this
year or not.

Bob C.

Old February 20th 04, 02:46 PM
kantspel

It aint over yet! Seeing the temp go over freezing this week has indeed
been a real treat. Now that some of the snow is gone I'd like to see it
cold again so that the trails will be rideable.

Old February 20th 04, 05:46 PM
Matt O'Toole

psycholist wrote:

Well, I saw a stand of daffodils in full bloom yesterday down here in
the Upstate area of South Carolina. We've had a realtively cool
winter. Yesterday was the first day into the 60s and we got close to
70. It was my first chance to do a thorough bike cleaning after all
the winter miles, and a first chance to ride outside in shorts and
short sleeved jersey.

It was 55 here in southwest VA yesterday, supposed to hit 60 today. There's
still snow on the ground from last week, but it's warm and sunny -- a beautiful
combination! I'm trying to get all my work done so I can ride all afternoon.

Matt O.

Old February 20th 04, 06:09 PM
Badger_South

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:46:16 GMT, "Matt O'Toole" wrote:

psycholist wrote:

Well, I saw a stand of daffodils in full bloom yesterday down here in
the Upstate area of South Carolina. We've had a realtively cool
winter. Yesterday was the first day into the 60s and we got close to
70. It was my first chance to do a thorough bike cleaning after all
the winter miles, and a first chance to ride outside in shorts and
short sleeved jersey.

It was 55 here in southwest VA yesterday, supposed to hit 60 today. There's
still snow on the ground from last week, but it's warm and sunny -- a beautiful
combination! I'm trying to get all my work done so I can ride all afternoon.

Matt O.

Yeah, but now I'm thinking I liked it cold and 20deg, b/c now we have to
put up with the chirping crickets, and tweeting birds, all distracting your
concentration, and dammit, to say nothing all those scampering bunnies and
other tiny livestock running across the bike trails!

-B

Old February 20th 04, 08:34 PM
Rick Onanian

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:09:26 -0500, Badger_South
wrote:
Yeah, but now I'm thinking I liked it cold and 20deg, b/c now we have to
put up with the chirping crickets, and tweeting birds, all distracting your

That's just a soundtrack.

concentration, and dammit, to say nothing all those scampering bunnies and
other tiny livestock running across the bike trails!

That's just lunch.
--
Rick Onanian
Old February 21st 04, 04:36 AM
Luigi de Guzman

wrote:

Yeah, but now I'm thinking I liked it cold and 20deg, b/c now we have to
put up with the chirping crickets, and tweeting birds, all distracting your
concentration, and dammit, to say nothing all those scampering bunnies and
other tiny livestock running across the bike trails!

If all I had to concentrate on was my own huffing and puffing, I
wouldn't be riding my bike anymore. I'd be on a trainer.

Or, worse, I'd have been splatted by some inattentive Ford Invasion
driver. Whereupon I'd be riding in the endless and empty spaces of my
own private purgatory, with only my repentance and the prayers of the
faithful to sustain me.

Let there be birdsong. But no killer chipmunks.

-Luigi
Old February 21st 04, 05:19 AM
Badger_South

wrote:

Yeah, but now I'm thinking I liked it cold and 20deg, b/c now we have to
put up with the chirping crickets, and tweeting birds, all distracting your
concentration, and dammit, to say nothing all those scampering bunnies and
other tiny livestock running across the bike trails!

If all I had to concentrate on was my own huffing and puffing, I
wouldn't be riding my bike anymore. I'd be on a trainer.

Well, instead of huffing and puffing, I sing to myself, but not
outloud...mostly. Today it was Moody Blues. ;-)

Or, worse, I'd have been splatted by some inattentive Ford Invasion
driver. Whereupon I'd be riding in the endless and empty spaces of my
own private purgatory, with only my repentance and the prayers of the
faithful to sustain me.

Let there be birdsong. But no killer chipmunks.

They all look so innocent at first.

-B

-Luigi