The "great mental ward of the Pacific Northwest"

Old January 17th 19, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default The "great mental ward of the Pacific Northwest"

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 5:26:53 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/17/2019 3:09 PM, wrote:

better than yours

That's funny! Did you intend it that way?

--

You tell me:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ta_in_2015.png
Old January 18th 19, 07:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 07:46:38 -0800, sltom992 wrote:

â—„ Mark 8:36 â–º
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and
lose his own soul?

I've noticed that the worst atheists are the one's most likely to be
quoting bible passages. That won't stop your fiery eternity.

Great, I hate the cold.

Old January 18th 19, 10:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 10:18:29 PM UTC-8, news18 wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 07:46:38 -0800, sltom992 wrote:

â—„ Mark 8:36 â–º
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and
lose his own soul?

I've noticed that the worst atheists are the one's most likely to be
quoting bible passages. That won't stop your fiery eternity.

Great, I hate the cold.

Then you'll love where you're headed. Only those who truly repent will be saved.
Old January 19th 19, 02:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 07:24:36 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

You got it wrong again Tom. People don't like you here because you
tell lies. The only question is whether you actually believe your own
lies?

You've got it wrong -- people here love Tom. Why else would they
expend endless hours amusing him?

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old January 19th 19, 03:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 13:41:26 -0800, sltom992 wrote:

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 10:18:29 PM UTC-8, news18 wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 07:46:38 -0800, sltom992 wrote:

â—„ Mark 8:36 â–º
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world,
and lose his own soul?

I've noticed that the worst atheists are the one's most likely to be
quoting bible passages. That won't stop your fiery eternity.

Great, I hate the cold.

Then you'll love where you're headed. Only those who truly repent will
be saved.

Gee, you should go to another church. Mine says I just have to repent at
the end and all will be forgiven, none of this flagellaion, sack cloth
and ashes.

Old January 19th 19, 04:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

wrote:

You got it wrong again Tom. People don't like you here because you
tell lies. The only question is whether you actually believe your own
lies?

You've got it wrong -- people here love Tom. Why else would they
expend endless hours amusing him?

I'm not sure that we amuse him but I agree that we spend endless hours
doing it :-)\
--

Cheers,

John B.
Old January 19th 19, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

wrote:

You got it wrong again Tom. People don't like you here because you
tell lies. The only question is whether you actually believe your own
lies?

You've got it wrong -- people here love Tom. Why else would they
expend endless hours amusing him?

+1

Such an insightful post.

--
duane
Old January 20th 19, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zen Cycle

On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 9:34:38 PM UTC-5, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 15:27:19 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 5:57:25 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
From a reporter who was actually the
"The kettle-corn girl is but one of many madcap escapees from the great mental ward of the Pacific Northwest out here making strange noises on the mean streets of downtown Portland on Election Night 2018, and her ecstatic om mani padme hum devotional to kettle corn is soon drowned out as her thuggish black-masked comrades begin their more straightforward and politically meaningful and considerably more comprehensible chant:"

Read the rest of Williamson's report at
https://www.nationalreview.com/magaz...treets-indeed/

On ABC Morning news the other day they said that the most dangerous city in the country was Seattle. They said that it was 250 times more dangerous than San Francisco and 400 times more dangerous than New York.

Funny, you know.

NBC News has a different listing;
Based on the FBI's Uniform Crime Report, 24/7 Wall St. identified the
10 U.S. cities with populations of 100,000 or more with the highest
rates of violent crime per 1,000 residents.
https://www.nbcnews.com/businessmain...america-832351

Flint, Mich.
Violent crimes per 1,000: 23.4

Detroit, Mich.
Violent crimes per 1,000: 21.4

St. Louis, Mo.
Violent crimes per 1,000: 18.6

Oakland, Calif.
Violent crimes per 1,000: 16.8

Memphis, Tenn.
Violent crimes per 1,000: 15.8

As Seattle wasn't mentioned I looked it up on another site and it
seems that Violent Crimes per 100,000 amounted to 633, or 6.33/1,000
as per above
https://www.areavibes.com/seattle-wa/crime/

Well, I sure as hell haven't discovered where those kinds of statistics came from. Though looking at all of the crime statistics Seattle IS the most dangerous city of any size in the entire country. By something like 2:1 or more.

Portland, OR, as I suspected, is only slightly behind this with a MUCH higher crime rate than San Francisco which is so high that most people don't go out alone unless they're carrying. This is why gun battles are so common now - it used to be intergang violence but is getting to be "that guy ****ed me off" and the gun was handy and speaks much louder than words.

So much for moving to the Pacific Northwest which used to be some of the nicer parts of the country.

Once again Tom has demonstrated that it is better to keep one's mouth
close and be thought a fool then to open it and prove it.

Cheers,
John B.

what do you expect? he thinks the viet cong surrendered.
Old January 20th 19, 10:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 10:47:51 AM UTC-8, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 9:34:38 PM UTC-5, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 15:27:19 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 5:57:25 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
From a reporter who was actually the
[...]

And you're stupid enough not to know the difference between violent crime rates and crime rates. They had a 16% reduction in crime in San Francisco. How did they achieve a rate that large in a year? They put out patrol cars in the areas that cars part and they have break-ins to parked cars. So now they can brag about large reductions in crime when there was only a small drop in violent crimes and THAT was almost entirely due to people being able to get jobs under Trump. When you have something to lose you don't take chances. Even my nephew who was delusional from using Meth has dried out and is going to get a job - hopefully. If California would ever stop chasing people and jobs out of the state.
Old January 20th 19, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 1:22:07 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 10:47:51 AM UTC-8, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 9:34:38 PM UTC-5, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 15:27:19 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 5:57:25 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
From a reporter who was actually the
[...]

Talk about crime, the number of people at Mt. Hood Meadows was heinous! We made it a short ski day because of my son's reconstructed ankles causing him pain. I'm going out for a short ride so I can say I rode and skied today, plus I need to track down a noise on my Synapse. I think it might be as mundane as two CO2 cartridges banging against each other in my seat pack.

-- Jay Beattie.