Another nasty holiday season on RBT

Old January 19th 19, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Another nasty holiday season on RBT

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 8:43:46 AM UTC-8, Mark J. wrote:
On 1/18/2019 8:02 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 5:31:41 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
For Heaven's sake! Tom is an old man, who is in ill health and suffers
from brain damage. The thought that he is going to beat anyone up is
just another one of his fantasies, like flying around in the bomb bay
of airplanes at 5,000 feet over Vietnam.

And yet that is what happened. But then since you've done so little you wouldn't understand that life is strange and wonderful. The tail gunner in a B52D is actually in the tail. The way to get from the back pressurized compartment to the front is via a very narrow 6" wide shelf. The only way to do this is to put one knee in front of the other and scoot along while holding yourself on the shelf by slipping two fingers per hand between the gap in the vertical and horizontal ribs of the aircraft. On the ground this is scary since you're at least 10' above the bottom of the bomb bays. Because of the curvature of the hull you have to lean your body out over the bays so not many people would do that.

The A/C asked me to go to the gunner's position to find out what the heck was wrong with him since he sounded like he was going nuts. It turned out to be nothing since he was just watching the SAMs bursting around us.

So I went back there before the bomb run and came back after the bomb run. You cannot breath the air above 10,000 feet and remain conscious.

Funny that I've done it at least six times on a bicycle. Is it when you
don't have a bicycle handy that you lose consciousness?

Riding across the US, I went over Hoosier Pass in Colorado at 11,500 and remained conscious -- and in fact felt pretty peppy. More recently, however, I almost passed out riding in Utah at 10,715 -- but only because I was trying to keep up with my son. The grade wasn't that bad -- just long.
https://bbrelje.wordpress.com/2013/0...ghway-cycling/

Time for a ride in the fog!

-- Jay Beattie.

Old January 19th 19, 07:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 5:15:51 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 11:55:49 PM UTC, wrote:

Frank was a teacher.

Frank's a jumped-up welder.

Yet he has extremely limited understanding of statistical analysis and economics so why should he be offering almost entirely incorrect opinions thereupon?

You're giving Franki-boy altogether too much credit, Tom. Krygowski's knowledge of statistic analysis and interpretation is would be zero if he kept his mouth shut. But since he can't keep his mouth shut, and does damage to cause he tries to promote with statistics, we must conclude that his understanding of statistics is a negative quality. Here's an example: Franki-boy is always going on about how cycling is safer than a lot of people believe.. He offered some numbers in proof. I went to the same sources, did a proper analysis, and discovered that ***cycling is even safer than Franki-boy Krygowski claimed!*** What a ******. Of course the ungracious clown didn't thank me for saving him from his ignorance: instead he pretends that I see danger to cyclists where there is none. That's not all, Franki-boy knows he's incompetent to handle sampling statistics (and so he should be -- it's been pointed out to him often enough), so, if you bring an irrefutable case to RBT, he claims he isn't reading your post, even while commenting on them with a flow of ad hominem. A good example is a study of all accidents in which bicyclists were involved in New York, not a sampling study, an actual head count of all those referred to accident and emergency: absolutely irrefutable evidence that one of the biggest bees in Franki-boy's bonnet can't find its way back to the hive. But Franki-boy absolutely refuses to discuss the study or even to admit it exists. So, in consideration of these three points, I would say that Krygowski is useless with statistics, he knows he's useless with statistic, and he uses statistics to bully, to baffle, and to lie.

The basis of our disagreement was not because they are liberal but because they THINK they are liberal without even knowing the modern definition of that.

Oh, I'm sure that Franki-boy and Slow Johnny and the several nasty anonymous emanations of the thief Peter Howard currently infesting RBT would be shocked if one explained to them why they are cultural Marxists. I don't know about Jay -- he's probably smart enough to understand that these clowns can't ever build anything, can only sneer and jeer and if there are enough of them destroy something they couldn't ever build -- but he runs with the crowd because it isn't worth the energy to stand up to the mob. They come and they go and there's no shortage of petty little men overflowing with envy, resentment and pure pointless malice to take their places. Rational people, with all the will in the world, cannot hope to stay ahead of assholes with opinions on everything.

Andre Jute
To think I welcomed the net as a voice for everyman outwith the editorial control of the intellectual elite. Just goes to show even I can be diametrically wrong.

It almost knocked me over when he showed some dumb article about how every president increased the national debt! He is totally unaware that the debt consists of Debt Held By the Public and Intergovernmental Holdings.

For the end of Reagan and part of H.W. and the entire 8 years of Clinton and the first year of George W that the Debt Held By The Pubic - the actual debt was being paid down.

The "increase" in the national debt was no such thing. It was an increase in Intergovernmental Holdings which isn't a debt at all - it is the Social Security and Medicare Trust Funds. Neither Frank, Jay or John know anything about this. Jay even believes that you don't have an investment in your own Social Security!

To see these guys posting about things that they haven't even a gross idea about is pretty telling of their characters.
Old January 19th 19, 07:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 5:57:00 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:55:35 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:01:23 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 08:02:29 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 5:31:41 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 00:56:04 +0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
wrote:

jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 1:33:53 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 8:42:52 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 4:04:05 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 7:25:47 AM UTC-8, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 9:56:58 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 2:15:27 AM UTC-8, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 5:06:44 AM UTC-5, Andre Jute wrote:
Now that was another nasty holiday season on RBT -- and we're no
for'arder than the smug selfsatisfaction of the usual bullies and undesirables.

Andre Jute
Congratulations

So go away already!

Cheers
I'd be willing to bet that I would drop you with one punch.. But just
to make sure I'd hit you a half dozen times before you could fall.
Funny thing boxing, the reaction times are built into the muscles and
you have to hold it back rather than concentrate on trying to use it.

I'd REALLY like to see you try!

Cheers

Any time you're in Oakland just let me know.

What is this? The fifth grade?

-- Jay Beattie.

Not even...

I promised myself in grade school to never take any crap off of people
like you. And I never have. And I have always been the one to walk away
from someone laying on the ground. So maybe you think you can change
that record; I'm ready, willing and able.

Fascinating. You sound like all the dopes I see down at criminal call
with oppositional defiant disorder.
https://www.additudemag.com/oppositi...der-in-adults/ You
may live in a **** hole now, but I can guaranty you that going to county
jail on a menacing charge is worse -- or going to prison on Assault 2 if
you actually connect. You meet Ralph on the street, you give him
Christian love, because we all know you are a Christian.

-- Jay Beattie.

I haven't been in a fistfight since elementary school, so I'm quite willing
to concede the title of "Baddest mofo in all of Oakland" to Tom. However, I
thought we weren't supposed to talk about fight club.

[...]

So I went back there before the bomb run and came back after the bomb run. You cannot breath the air above 10,000 feet and remain conscious. So the only way to crawl through an unpressurized bomb bay to the gunner's position using a lot of strength would be to be below 10,000 ft,

After the bomb run I had to come forward because that was the only time we were low enough to allow my passage. What I was unaware of was that they leave the bomb bays open after a run to air then out. If we got shrapnel through the sides of the aircraft and through a bomb it could have splattered explosives into the bomb bays so you aired them out before rising to altitude.

That meant that on my way forward I crawled through the bomb bays with the doors open. The bomb bay doors had three positions - closed, open and unpowered so that they hung below the aircraft but not pushed entirely out to the sides. They depowered the doors and let them hang straight down after the run.

I even flew the aircraft - the A/C had to take a leak and regulations said that inside the war zone you had to have both A/C and Pilot positions manned at all times. So he called me up to the upper deck and put me in the A/C position. He even disengaged the autopilot so that I could fly the aircraft. The Pilot was there to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. But he supervised me as I banked it one way and the other a little. The aircraft is huge and it is extremely stable so it was no big deal.

I was up there for at least 5 minutes. I guess the A/C was BS'ing with the navigator and bombardier.

Yesterday, I was going to look at some building where I used to work and where there might be a new company. So I was going to take a resume. I was looking around for my briefcase and ran across a three clip folder - to my surprise I discovered that I taken a course on navigation from the University of Marin and passed with an A. I remember nothing about that but that is why I was hired on as Navigator for those large racing sailboats down the Pacific Coast to Catalina. I assumed that I had taught navigation to myself and that the reason I was on board is because I was the only one that would climb the mast in case of a problem at the masthead. Try climbing up a 70 ft mast in a seaway and you'd know why no one else would do that. I would be Navigator and Watch Captain.

I raced motorcycles semi-professionally which meant that Kawasaki gave ne an A1R to race but I did everything else myself. When I got tired of racing against a guy 5'1" tall that weight next to nothing on a Yamaha I was the Safety Director of the American Federation of Motorcyclists. I went down to Bell and discussed helmets with them. I learned enough that after bicycle helmets were around for awhile I wrote a paper showing that they don't do much. It's still floating around there out on the web someplace.

Some of the jobs I've done range from designing and programming the machine used to identify HIV for the very first time to programming the poison gas detectors for the Army at Lawrence Livermore Laboratories. I even worked at Lawrence Berkeley Laboratories to increase the power on their accelerator.

Between jobs I even helped start a telephone installation company for high rise office buildings in San Francisco.

Because you people have no abilities you assume no one else does. So you cannot believe anything that isn't outside of your very narrow scope of understanding.

I argued economics with Paul Volcker and see the sheer ignorance of Jay and Frank who are both supposedly postgrads.

Tom, you are as full of **** as a Christmas Turkey. You flew the B-52!
On a combat mission they shut off the autopilot and let you fly the
airplane!

SAC regulations say that both the AC and the Pilot positions have to
be filled... Right! So I guess that the only way an AC can take a leak
is to either have Tom aboard or **** his pants?

And, the A.C. asked a non-crew member to crawl back to check on the
tail gunner? Or are you claiming that you were a crew member?

No intercom? The AC couldn't call up the tail gunner and ask him how
he is? You think that whole on oxygen the flight crew isn't constantly
checking each other?

All I can say is that you have a very vivid imagination and know
little if anything about how a USAF flight crew acts in combat.
--

Cheers,

John B.

You really are one stupid **** aren't you? Like flying a B52 is some big deal with the aircraft pilot siting in the right seat. What a dunce.

I have no idea as I was never invited to fly a B-52 but as a crew
chief on a RB-50 I did fly with the aircraft quite a number of times
and the idea that an A.C. is going to let some totally unqualified non
crew member sit in his seat and fly his airplane is as weird as any of
your other fantasies.

I happened to be on the aircraft and was up sitting dead center behind them looking at how the instruments responded. Normally the EWO would have sat in. Well since you said that you were friends with an EWO who had been in a war zone he would have known that and been able to tell you about it. You did say you were friends with an EWO didn't you?

Tom, either you are having some day dream or you are telling lies. A
good friend, was an EWO and strange as it may seem he never mentioned
"sitting in the seat" and given that he received an award for
discovering that because of the sensitivity of some of his gear it was
possible for the EWO to forecast the failure of the A.C. generators on
a B-52 I'd guess that he probably knew what he was talking about.

So you think that you're going to call on the Intercom and ask the tail gunner why he is whooping and screaming huh? I guess that's why no one would ever trust you with a wooden nickel. It's pretty plain that you knew that you couldn't get a job back in the US and that's why you're still in Thailand.

Tom, as I mentioned, I did make quite a number of flights on a RB-50
and yes, the A.C. did call, or perhaps it is more accurate to say that
the crew members did call in on a regular basis to ensure that,
particularly when on oxygen that none of them had problems.

As for a tail gunner whooping and hollering on the intercom I just
don't believe that either. To the Air Force flying an airplane is a
serious job and someone whooping and screaming on the intercom
wouldn't have been tolerated. But I agree that to a civilian it makes
a good story - never been there, never done that.

As for a "job in Thailand" I only worked in Thailand for a short time
before the oil boom in Indonesia when I went to work there where the
money was. Not bad work either, 2 weeks in the jungle and 2 weeks at
home and the money flooding in.

But you wouldn't have qualified. Too much bull ****. See we lived at
pretty close quarters out in the jungle and some loud mouthed fool
just wouldn't be tolerated. The lads would have gone top the Project
Manager and told him "either he goes or we go" and you'd have been on
the next flight out.

So perhaps you can explain to me what in the hell you would ever know about how a flight crew behaves in a combat zone.

Given that I spent about 10 years in two organizations that flew "hot
gun" missions in Asia I suggest that I certainly know more then you
do.

See Tom, that's your problem. You've sat around and told a bunch of
stories to people that didn't know and now you believe them yourself
and when you start to tell your stores to someone that was there and
did it you fall flat on your arse.

Tell me, is this story something that you made up or did you dream it?
--

Cheers,

John B.

If you were a crew chief on a B50 you're one hell of a lot older than you've suggested. You couldn't ride a bike now if it had four wheels and someone was pushing you around in one. Your crap about the Air Force being so ridged also tells me you were never in. I broke orders several times and all I had to do was say "safety of flight" and there was nothing they could get past the base commander.

Your rather poor command of English or your increasing dementia apparently keeps you from remembering that we were actually in combat and not like you - ****ing your pants just to fly in that pile of junk which was nothing more than a B29 with bigger engines on it and a bigger tail to offset the increased torque of those engines that had to be rebuilt almost every flight which is why they didn't fly them.

Give us some more of your crap - you're getting deeper and deeper.

Sitting in a meeting with some of the world's best engineers and chemists. the engineers said that making a chemical assay machine required two IBM supercomputers. At the time these were $3 Million apiece. I said, "I can do it with a micro processor." I delivered ahead of schedule and below budget so if you said, "It's him or me" you would have been shown the door immediately.

Go ahead and google away and use that as your "authoritative" proof of everything you say.
Old January 19th 19, 08:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 1/18/2019 8:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

Mark J.

If you live at altitude you can adapt to as high as 20,000 feet. But aircraft are pressurized at altitudes above 10,000. So movements between the pressurized compartments had to occur below that altitude.

I would be interested in knowing where you found a mountain in the USA above 10,000 that had a road to the top. While there are a lot of 10,000 ft high mountains in the USA the only one I can think of with a road above 10,000 ft is Pike's Peak. That's a little over 14,000 and the annual bike ride normally has a lot of people dropping out on the verge of fainting for lack of O2. The timberline is at something like 12,000 feet and the base where you start is something like 7,000 ft. There used to be a "cog train" that went to the top and bicyclists would take the train to the top and ride down. I was a year in Denver with is down around 5,200 ft and they still had people growing faint there.

If a tree can't grow above 12,000 ft what would make you think that you could crawl through the bomb bays of a aircraft at 10,000 feet safely?
Old January 19th 19, 08:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 1/18/2019 8:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

People raised at or near sea level usually have altitude sickness at 10,000 ft or higher. This is medical fact so why are you guys trying to deny it?

Is it your pretense that aircraft are NOT pressurized above 10,000 feet? Jumping in with both feet with that fool Slocumb?
Old January 19th 19, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 11:59:05 -0800, sltom992 wrote:

Sitting in a meeting with some of the world's best engineers and
chemists.
the engineers said that making a chemical assay machine required two IBM
supercomputers.

Right, they were engineers and chemists, Not IT or was it still EDP when
this happened.

At the time these were $3 Million apiece.

That is not a "super computer". You did say"IBM"

I said, "I can do it with a micro processor."

Which one?
Or don't you know your terminology and are referring to a "miniframe"?
The sort of stuff that HP was flogging. Oh wait, are you sure that you
just didn't order a HP box that did that already.

I delivered ahead of schedule and below budget

Yep, plenty of us did that as PCs started eating the bottom out of the
"mainframe business".
Old January 19th 19, 08:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

Are you trying to deny that you said "You cannot breath the air above

Old January 19th 19, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 12:37:21 PM UTC-8, news18 wrote:
[...]

You shouldn't show your ignorance.

KISS MY ASS JIMMYMAC SEND ME SOME NASTY STUFF PLEASE? YOU BET, I AM GOD ***EDWARD DOLAN 1028 4TH AVE. WORTHINGTON, MN 56187 507 727 0306 ***SEND ME SOME NASTY STUFF PLEASE? YOU BET, I AM GOD ***EDWARD DOLAN 1028 4TH AVE. WORTHINGTON, MN 56187 507 IAMGOD Recumbent Biking 0 November 18th 06 09:20 PM
TROLLING IS WHAT I DO BEST SEND ME SOME NASTY STUFF PLEASE? YOU BET, I AM GOD ***EDWARD DOLAN 1028 4TH AVE. WORTHINGTON, MN 56187 507 727 0306 ***SEND ME SOME NASTY STUFF PLEASE? YOU BET, I AM GOD ***EDWARD DOLAN 1028 4TH AVE. WORTHINGTON, MN 561 IAMGOD Recumbent Biking 0 November 18th 06 09:19 PM
Nasty Crash for MTB darryl Australia 0 November 23rd 05 01:50 AM
Looks nasty.... Humbug Australia 4 November 7th 05 04:05 AM
Holiday in Holland = Unicycling holiday! unicycleboy Unicycling 4 March 13th 04 03:01 PM