Cat 2 only races?

Old October 19th 05, 09:20 PM
Andrew F Martin

Default Cat 2 only races?

I know Cascade has a 2/3 field, and I've heard San Dimas has a SR
that's Cat 2 only. Are there any others out there - Stage/RR/Crit
whatever?

Old October 19th 05, 09:31 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Andrew F Martin wrote:
I know Cascade has a 2/3 field,

Dumbass -

Goddamm, I used to hate 2/3 races. In one of them I had half a dozen
Cat 3s screaming at me for "dangerous riding", but I didn't do anything
differently than I did in the 1/2 races (where racers hardly ever say
anything).

It was even worse in the local practice crits. The Freds freak out even
if all you do is get close to them.

K. Gringioni.
(glad I don't race anymore)

Old October 19th 05, 09:32 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Andrew F Martin wrote:
I know Cascade has a 2/3 field,

Dumbass -

Goddamm, I used to hate 2/3 races. In one of them I had half a dozen
Cat 3s screaming at me for "dangerous riding", but I didn't do anything
differently than I did in the 1/2 races (where racers hardly ever say
anything).

It was even worse in the local practice crits. The Freds freak out even
if all you do is get close to them.

K. Gringioni.

Dumbass -

BTW, the answer to your (original poster) question is "yes".

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
(glad I don't race anymore)

Old October 19th 05, 09:42 PM
Andrew F Martin

I understand your point on the "dangerous riding" thing. People think
the jump from 4-3 means safer racing. It might - but from 3-2 you
are racing with folks who know how to handle themselves when something
a little sketch happens. That - and people don't yell about it so much.

Old October 19th 05, 09:42 PM
Andrew F Martin

Thanks Hank - always one to help.

Old October 19th 05, 10:39 PM
Casey Kerrigan

In article .com,
Andrew F Martin wrote:

I know Cascade has a 2/3 field, and I've heard San Dimas has a SR
that's Cat 2 only. Are there any others out there - Stage/RR/Crit
whatever?

The McLane Pacific races ( RR and Crit) have had Cat 2 only fields for
a number of years. The Kearney Park Circuit Race and the Tower Dist.
Crit had Cat 2 only fields this year.
Old October 20th 05, 02:13 AM
Mark Fennell

"Andrew F Martin" wrote:
I know Cascade has a 2/3 field, and I've heard San Dimas has a SR
that's Cat 2 only. Are there any others out there - Stage/RR/Crit
whatever?

- Valley of the Sun
- Gila
- Sea Otter (at least before this year)
- Garrett LeMire crit in Ojai

I think you could find plenty of others if you search the calendars. Are you
planning on trying to upgrade? Speaking of, do they still remove the Pros
from results in P/1/2 races for upgrading purposes?

Old October 20th 05, 03:52 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 19 Oct 2005 13:20:23 -0700, "Andrew F Martin"
wrote:

I know Cascade has a 2/3 field, and I've heard San Dimas has a SR
that's Cat 2 only. Are there any others out there - Stage/RR/Crit
whatever?

Altoona has one. One year Killington did. Somerville does.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old October 20th 05, 06:56 AM
Andrew F Martin

Just looking for a little more parity. At least in Seattle P12 races -
there's rarely a race where a 2 cracks the top 5. I imagine a Seattle
2 amongst CA 2s might be the same sort of challenge, but who knows. I
don't care to upgrade to a 1. I turn 30 in January and have don't have
the time or interest in moving to the next level.

Two races, one day - preparation and tips ? Lou D'Amelio Racing 3 April 30th 05 10:38 PM
CK Slowdio avoids the HPV races in '04 Johnny NoCom Recumbent Biking 1 November 1st 04 06:08 PM
Flyer notice: Memorial Day Weekend Bike Races (Quad Cities/ Iowa) [email protected] Racing 0 April 22nd 04 11:35 PM
Fun races MattB Mountain Biking 3 August 27th 03 01:48 PM
RR part 2 days at the races Penny S. Mountain Biking 6 July 29th 03 02:50 PM