Another nasty holiday season on RBT

Old January 18th 19, 03:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Another nasty holiday season on RBT

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 4:56:09 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 1:33:53 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 8:42:52 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 4:04:05 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 7:25:47 AM UTC-8, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 9:56:58 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 2:15:27 AM UTC-8, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 5:06:44 AM UTC-5, Andre Jute wrote:
Now that was another nasty holiday season on RBT -- and we're no
for'arder than the smug selfsatisfaction of the usual bullies and undesirables.

Andre Jute
Congratulations

So go away already!

Cheers
I'd be willing to bet that I would drop you with one punch. But just
to make sure I'd hit you a half dozen times before you could fall..
Funny thing boxing, the reaction times are built into the muscles and
you have to hold it back rather than concentrate on trying to use it.

I'd REALLY like to see you try!

Cheers

Any time you're in Oakland just let me know.

What is this? The fifth grade?

-- Jay Beattie.

Not even...

I promised myself in grade school to never take any crap off of people
like you. And I never have. And I have always been the one to walk away
from someone laying on the ground. So maybe you think you can change
that record; I'm ready, willing and able.

Fascinating. You sound like all the dopes I see down at criminal call
with oppositional defiant disorder.
https://www.additudemag.com/oppositi...der-in-adults/ You
may live in a **** hole now, but I can guaranty you that going to county
jail on a menacing charge is worse -- or going to prison on Assault 2 if
you actually connect. You meet Ralph on the street, you give him
Christian love, because we all know you are a Christian.

-- Jay Beattie.

I haven't been in a fistfight since elementary school, so I'm quite willing
to concede the title of "Baddest mofo in all of Oakland" to Tom. However, I
thought we weren't supposed to talk about fight club.

I'm far more interested in Jay's supposed legal talent when he believes that my launching a challenge and you taking it up to the point of coming here would constitute any sort of assault on my part. I have to wonder if Jay's entire practice isn't writing wills for old ladies.
Old January 18th 19, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 8:31:41 PM UTC-5, John B. Slocomb wrote:
Snipped
For Heaven's sake! Tom is an old man, who is in ill health and suffers
from brain damage. The thought that he is going to beat anyone up is
just another one of his fantasies, like flying around in the bomb bay
of airplanes at 5,000 feet over Vietnam.

--

Cheers,

John B.

Thanks John for that timely and informative post. It explains a lot about Tom and I for one in t he future will try much harder to just ignore him.

Cheers
Old January 18th 19, 04:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 5:31:41 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:

jbeattie wrote:
[...]

And yet that is what happened. But then since you've done so little you wouldn't understand that life is strange and wonderful. The tail gunner in a B52D is actually in the tail. The way to get from the back pressurized compartment to the front is via a very narrow 6" wide shelf. The only way to do this is to put one knee in front of the other and scoot along while holding yourself on the shelf by slipping two fingers per hand between the gap in the vertical and horizontal ribs of the aircraft. On the ground this is scary since you're at least 10' above the bottom of the bomb bays. Because of the curvature of the hull you have to lean your body out over the bays so not many people would do that.

The A/C asked me to go to the gunner's position to find out what the heck was wrong with him since he sounded like he was going nuts. It turned out to be nothing since he was just watching the SAMs bursting around us.

So I went back there before the bomb run and came back after the bomb run. You cannot breath the air above 10,000 feet and remain conscious. So the only way to crawl through an unpressurized bomb bay to the gunner's position using a lot of strength would be to be below 10,000 ft,

After the bomb run I had to come forward because that was the only time we were low enough to allow my passage. What I was unaware of was that they leave the bomb bays open after a run to air then out. If we got shrapnel through the sides of the aircraft and through a bomb it could have splattered explosives into the bomb bays so you aired them out before rising to altitude.

That meant that on my way forward I crawled through the bomb bays with the doors open. The bomb bay doors had three positions - closed, open and unpowered so that they hung below the aircraft but not pushed entirely out to the sides. They depowered the doors and let them hang straight down after the run.

I even flew the aircraft - the A/C had to take a leak and regulations said that inside the war zone you had to have both A/C and Pilot positions manned at all times. So he called me up to the upper deck and put me in the A/C position. He even disengaged the autopilot so that I could fly the aircraft.. The Pilot was there to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. But he supervised me as I banked it one way and the other a little. The aircraft is huge and it is extremely stable so it was no big deal.

I was up there for at least 5 minutes. I guess the A/C was BS'ing with the navigator and bombardier.

Yesterday, I was going to look at some building where I used to work and where there might be a new company. So I was going to take a resume. I was looking around for my briefcase and ran across a three clip folder - to my surprise I discovered that I taken a course on navigation from the University of Marin and passed with an A. I remember nothing about that but that is why I was hired on as Navigator for those large racing sailboats down the Pacific Coast to Catalina. I assumed that I had taught navigation to myself and that the reason I was on board is because I was the only one that would climb the mast in case of a problem at the masthead. Try climbing up a 70 ft mast in a seaway and you'd know why no one else would do that. I would be Navigator and Watch Captain.

I raced motorcycles semi-professionally which meant that Kawasaki gave ne an A1R to race but I did everything else myself. When I got tired of racing against a guy 5'1" tall that weight next to nothing on a Yamaha I was the Safety Director of the American Federation of Motorcyclists. I went down to Bell and discussed helmets with them. I learned enough that after bicycle helmets were around for awhile I wrote a paper showing that they don't do much. It's still floating around there out on the web someplace.

Some of the jobs I've done range from designing and programming the machine used to identify HIV for the very first time to programming the poison gas detectors for the Army at Lawrence Livermore Laboratories. I even worked at Lawrence Berkeley Laboratories to increase the power on their accelerator..

Between jobs I even helped start a telephone installation company for high rise office buildings in San Francisco.

Because you people have no abilities you assume no one else does. So you cannot believe anything that isn't outside of your very narrow scope of understanding.

I argued economics with Paul Volcker and see the sheer ignorance of Jay and Frank who are both supposedly postgrads.
Old January 18th 19, 04:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 8:01:13 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/17/2019 5:03 PM, wrote:

Tell us Jay - how do you like living in the second most dangerous city in the country?

Tom, did you miss this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_crime_rate

Or do you not understand how to read the numbers?

--
- Frank Krygowski

This is why I think you're a moron Frank. Pure numbers of crimes do not indicate CRIME RATE. Just as your completely ignorant posting yesterday about the national debt. I wrote a treatise about it but it wouldn't allow me to post it because I had exceeded the numbers of posts for the day and that posting disappeared overnight as my automatic cleaner erased it.
Old January 18th 19, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

Tell us Jay - how do you like living in the second most dangerous city in the country?

Tom, did you miss this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_crime_rate

Or do you not understand how to read the numbers?

--
- Frank Krygowski

This is why I think you're a moron Frank. Pure numbers of crimes do not indicate CRIME RATE.

sigh The table has this title: "Crime rates per 100,000 people"

So you really did not understand how to read the numbers. I'm sorry, but
you're sinking fast.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 18th 19, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On 1/17/2019 5:03 PM, wrote:

Tell us Jay - how do you like living in the second most dangerous city in the country?

Tom, did you miss this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_crime_rate

Or do you not understand how to read the numbers?

--
- Frank Krygowski

This is why I think you're a moron Frank. Pure numbers of crimes do not indicate CRIME RATE. Just as your completely ignorant posting yesterday about the national debt. I wrote a treatise about it but it wouldn't allow me to post it because I had exceeded the numbers of posts for the day and that posting disappeared overnight as my automatic cleaner erased it.

Well, Tom, no matter how you cut it, Portland doesn't have the second highest crime rate in the country. There is no support anywhere for that statement. https://www.forbes.com/pictures/mlj4.../#4593d1f47d73 Oakland -- third most dangerous city in the US behind Detroit and St. Louis. "We're number three!" Be proud.

Portland does have a high property crime rate -- and a criminal amount of auto traffic. Oregon has heinously high taxes. There are legitimate complaints to be made, but Portland having the second highest crime rate in the US is not one of them.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old January 18th 19, 07:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 4:35:54 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Welcome to the group and ignore the bull**** that always appears around
here when they don't have anything technical to discuss.

For a good example of that, read tom's posts, even though he just told you to ignore him.

Old January 18th 19, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

Tell us Jay - how do you like living in the second most dangerous city in the country?

Tom, did you miss this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_crime_rate

Or do you not understand how to read the numbers?

--
- Frank Krygowski

This is why I think you're a moron Frank. Pure numbers of crimes do not indicate CRIME RATE.

sigh The table has this title: "Crime rates per 100,000 people"

So you really did not understand how to read the numbers. I'm sorry, but
you're sinking fast.

--
- Frank Krygowski

The overall crime rate in Seattle is 115% higher than the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are 16.72 daily crimes that occur in Seattle. Seattle is safer than 9% of the cities in the United States. In Seattle you have a 1 in 17 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.

The overall crime rate in Detroit is 105% higher than the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are 16.04 daily crimes that occur in Detroit. Detroit is safer than 4% of the cities in the United States. In Detroit you have a 1 in 18 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.

The overall crime rate in Chicago is 35% higher than the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are 10.55 daily crimes that occur in Chicago. Chicago is safer than 6% of the cities in the United States. In Chicago you have a 1 in 26 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.

The overall crime rate in New York is 28% lower than the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are 5.58 daily crimes that occur in New York. New York is safer than 22% of the cities in the United States. In New York you have a 1 in 50 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.

Tell you what Frank, tell us how you've got a real tight hold on things. You don't seem to understand how statistics work and I'm certainly glad I never had a child educated by you.
Old January 18th 19, 08:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Is there a problem with writing wills for old ladies? Old ladies need wills, too. Do you not like old ladies?

I don't do criminal. Civil trial assignments occur after criminal call, so my view of criminals has been while waiting for trial assignments -- and in court when they inevitably get dragged into an on-going civil trial or motion for sentencing, probation violations, pleas, etc. Judges take breaks to do these criminal spot jobs, and you get to see the jump-suit and shackle crowd traipse into the court room. It's like the orange ghost of Christmas past. I used to see lots of criminals when I worked ambulance and even worked with a few.

I know the assault statutes. You swing and miss, its attempted assault 2, assuming you intend serious physical injury -- which you apparently do. I even know assault in Washington. Don't get drunk and shoot someone. https://www.leagle.com/decision/inwaco20171213j15 In that case, I represented a bar on an over-service case and won. A huge victory for sports bars! Woohooo! If you get drunk at a Washington bar and shoot someone with a 1911, don't blame it on the bar. BTW, I've had a lot of stupid gun cases and even represented two big manufacturers who we all know and some cartridge manufacturers as well -- and I've already regaled you with my tank and cannon stories.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old January 18th 19, 08:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 1/17/2019 5:03 PM, wrote:

[...]

The overall crime rate in Portland is 99% higher than the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are 15.47 daily crimes that occur in Portland. Portland is safer than 13% of the cities in the United States. In Portland you have a 1 in 18 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.

That listing compared POPULATIONJ SIZE to numbers of crimes and many of them were relatively minor crimes. Living in a small city in which home break-ins when people aren't home or drunken brawls is a problem doesn't make that city dangerous. As a lawyer you're expected to know those sorts of things.. Would you rather your house is broken into while you're at work or that you were murdered?

KISS MY ASS JIMMYMAC SEND ME SOME NASTY STUFF PLEASE? YOU BET, I AM GOD ***EDWARD DOLAN 1028 4TH AVE. WORTHINGTON, MN 56187 507 727 0306 ***SEND ME SOME NASTY STUFF PLEASE? YOU BET, I AM GOD ***EDWARD DOLAN 1028 4TH AVE. WORTHINGTON, MN 56187 507 IAMGOD Recumbent Biking 0 November 18th 06 09:20 PM
TROLLING IS WHAT I DO BEST SEND ME SOME NASTY STUFF PLEASE? YOU BET, I AM GOD ***EDWARD DOLAN 1028 4TH AVE. WORTHINGTON, MN 56187 507 727 0306 ***SEND ME SOME NASTY STUFF PLEASE? YOU BET, I AM GOD ***EDWARD DOLAN 1028 4TH AVE. WORTHINGTON, MN 561 IAMGOD Recumbent Biking 0 November 18th 06 09:19 PM
Nasty Crash for MTB darryl Australia 0 November 23rd 05 01:50 AM
Looks nasty.... Humbug Australia 4 November 7th 05 04:05 AM
Holiday in Holland = Unicycling holiday! unicycleboy Unicycling 4 March 13th 04 03:01 PM