Can someone please clean the gene pool!

Old August 5th 04, 04:15 AM

Default Can someone please clean the gene pool!

I know that everyone here has lights on their bikes, and that nobody
here thinks of riding around at night with black clothes on and no
lights, but can someone do *something* about the idiots out there that
are trying to kill me!

Every night I meet bodies in black on bikes with no lights, last night
one almost took me out: Unlit street, he had no helmet, no lights,
black clothes and was riding on the wrong side of the road HEAD ON AT
ME.

The ones with no lights on the bike track I can almost cope with,
they're usually going so slowly that they're just like the unlit
pedestrians, joggers and dogs.

The REALLY scary ones are the elite few who have a light, a RED
FLASHING LIGHT ON THE HANDLEBARS. Come up on that around a bend in the
dark and you think there's someone going the same direction you are,
you pull right to overtake and by the time you realise, the idiot has
nearly hit you head on. If you're reading this, the two idiots I see
every week on the Gardiners creek path, this is for you:
THE RED LIGHT GOES ON THE BACK.

there, I feel much better now.

Old August 5th 04, 04:22 AM
atacca

Methinks they're part of the flannels and mullet brigade nipping down to the
shops for a pack of winnie blues and some VB. Or children thereof.

Old August 5th 04, 04:45 AM
flyingdutch

wrote in message
[...]

"this is ma bruther darril, and thees eez ma udder bruvver Darril..."

--
flyingdutch

Old August 5th 04, 06:08 AM
hippy

wrote:
I know that everyone here has lights on their bikes, and that

nobody
here thinks of riding around at night with black clothes on and no
lights, but can someone do *something* about the idiots out there

that
are trying to kill me!

atacca
Methinks they're part of the flannels and mullet brigade nipping down

to the shops for a pack of winnie blues and some VB. Or children

thereof.

As if they'd have lights on their bike. They'd have to be pretty damn
drunk
to consider riding to the shops as well..

hippy

--
hippy

Old August 5th 04, 06:55 AM
byron27

hippy Wrote:
wrote:
I know that everyone here has lights on their bikes, and that

nobody
here thinks of riding around at night with black clothes on and no
lights, but can someone do *something* about the idiots out there

that
are trying to kill me!

atacca
Methinks they're part of the flannels and mullet brigade nipping down

to the shops for a pack of winnie blues and some VB. Or children

thereof.

As if they'd have lights on their bike. They'd have to be pretty damn
drunk
to consider riding to the shops as well..

hippy

yes, at least they are not in their Monaro (mate!) driving with no
lights and dark clothes.

Dont you love all the tradesmen who ride a banged up old malvern star
or raleigh to work because they have lost their licence?

ever heard of the australian version of hogans heroes?. Its called
bogans heroes. Best storyline involves schultz getting reprimanded by
colonel clink for doing donuts in the commandants V8 torana.

--
byron27

Old August 5th 04, 02:19 PM
cfsmtb

arrrrggg!!! I like to refer to such attire as "Fitzroy Safety Black".

Tonight, still almost got cleaned up on Victoria Crescent in Abbotford,
despite having 3 red lights on rear of bike & helmet, plus 1 vista &
white flashie on front + much reflective gear on self and bike. Not
forgetting the tyrefly on the rear wheels value stem.

I want to know the secret of why these darkly attired folks don't get
thumped by other vehicles!!!

--
cfsmtb

Old August 5th 04, 02:23 PM
DRS

"cfsmtb" wrote in
message
arrrrggg!!! I like to refer to such attire as "Fitzroy Safety Black".

Tonight, still almost got cleaned up on Victoria Crescent in
Abbotford, despite having 3 red lights on rear of bike & helmet, plus
1 vista & white flashie on front + much reflective gear on self and
bike. Not forgetting the tyrefly on the rear wheels value stem.

I want to know the secret of why these darkly attired folks don't get
thumped by other vehicles!!!

It's simple. If they can't see you they can't hit you.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old August 5th 04, 06:20 PM
Alan Erskine

"cfsmtb" wrote in message

arrrrggg!!! I like to refer to such attire as "Fitzroy Safety Black".

Tonight, still almost got cleaned up on Victoria Crescent in Abbotford,
despite having 3 red lights on rear of bike & helmet, plus 1 vista &
white flashie on front + much reflective gear on self and bike. Not
forgetting the tyrefly on the rear wheels value stem.

I want to know the secret of why these darkly attired folks don't get
thumped by other vehicles!!!

Drivers can't see them to aim at them?

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

Old August 6th 04, 01:26 PM
NickZX6R

flyingdutch wrote:
atacca Wrote:

snip

"this is ma bruther darril, and thees eez ma udder bruvver Darril..."

gawd I haven't heard that in years

thanks for the reminder

--
Nick
Old August 7th 04, 10:07 AM
mfhor

NickZX6R Wrote:
flyingdutch wrote:
atacca Wrote:

snip

"this is ma bruther darril, and thees eez ma udder bruvver Darril..."

gawd I haven't heard that in years

thanks for the reminder

--
Nick

"Oiv'e goht TWO straps on MOY overalls, an' almost awl moy own teef .
. . Dazza, eee's still lernin 'IS overalls . . .

M"Cowcatchers? Now there's an idea . . ."H

--
mfhor