Just what does a 60% chance of rain mean?

Old August 8th 09, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

Default Just what does a 60% chance of rain mean?

On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 05:29:23 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:

wrote:
Bill Baka wrote:

(F) but if I am riding and hit a cold front and drop to that I can't
ride over 5 MPH. I had to have some bored firefighters pick me up
once when the temperature dropped from 70 to 55 in about 45 minutes
and I was going into hypothermia. I forgot to eat that day and had
already done a lot of miles in the mountains. They just warmed me
up, joked with me, and took me home, no problem since there were no
serious calls that night.
Do you *really* expect people to believe bull**** like this? Really?
You actually think you'll go into hypothermia in 55 degrees, while
riding a bicycle?

I've ridden quite a lot at that temperature. I find that 55 is the
point at which I start to need a windbreaker. My particular ride is
six miles, mostly downhill, before sunrise. The couple of times I
forgot the jacket, I found myself shivering by the time I reached my
destination.

If I have food energy left in me I shiver too.

Yes, moron. I didn't eat that day and was out of useable energy so I

was
only barely pedaling at 6 to 8 MPH at 10 P.M. after the sun had left

me.
If Bill's ride was longer than mine, at a different level of
strenuousness, or maybe the humidity or wind was a little more severe,
or if his metabolism is a little different than mine or had been thrown
out of whack by a lack of ready carbs, I can see how hypothermia could
have ensued.

That is exactly what happened. I forgot to eat breakfast and went for a
long ride with nothing but water. My body was just plain out of reserves
at that point.

Quit trying to blow smoke up people's asses, Bill. You're nothing
but a blowhard teller of tall tales, and not even good at it.

Note to Dan C : If you find Bill Baka's "tall tales" so onerous, I
recommend that you activate your twit filter, or just plain ignore him.
That will free you of the terrible burden of having to endure his
posts. The rest of us will somehow endure without you to police the
group for us.

I post things that did happen to me, and that one was a nearly fatal
hypothermia. I felt like laying in the weeds and going to sleep,
probably never to wake up again.

Damn the bad luck! Maybe next time.

Personally, I find that most of Bill's posts lie somewhere along a
line between "interesting" and "possibly remembered in an exaggerated
way."

The tricycle at *what felt like 50 MPH* was a child's memory since my
car only coasted down in neutral at 25 MPH. The rest happened in one way
or the other. Climbing the electrical tower I have pictures of with my
Huffy looking like a speck at the bottom. I climbed it merely to take
pictures. I have a few looking down at the million volt wires crackling
around me. At 60 years old and always looking for a new adventure I have
maybe done one of these events per year, which is not a stretch.

Let's see the pics, Bill. Post a link to them.

Your posts, OTOH, lie squarely on "obnoxious."

Right on the money.

Frumious

__o | Profanity and obscenity entitle people who don't
_`\(,_ | want unpleasant information to close their ears
(_)/ (_) | and eyes to you. - Kurt Vonnegut

Need help? --
http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/ubuntu.jpg
Get a job! -- http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/republican.jpg

Does Sydney have a chance? cfsmtb[_183_] Australia 45 May 28th 07 01:12 AM
Fat chance Lisa Mountain Biking 5 September 26th 05 07:28 PM
doping and what -- no third chance? Jim Flom Racing 14 August 11th 04 04:51 PM
Your Chance to HELP Cyclists! Mark UK 22 May 5th 04 10:34 AM
Looking for a Fat Chance JC Mountain Biking 10 January 18th 04 05:25 PM