Driveshaft, nexus hub, winter riding

Old August 5th 09, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
MarkL

Default Driveshaft, nexus hub, winter riding

I ride to work all year in Chicago suburbs. Weather is very hard on
the bike, particularly salt and slush in winter. I carry the bike on
the back of my car to get to the trailhead each day, so it gets
additional exposure when I'm driving. I'm considering a Dynamic
bicycle, which has a drive shaft and nexus hub. Does anyone have
experience with these components getting a lot of exposure to
elements, particularly rain, snow and salt? I ride on paved trail so
dirt and grit isn't much of an issue. I sent the company an email last
weekend asking the same question, but haven't heard anything back, not
a ringing endorsement for their sales support.
thanks
Old August 6th 09, 05:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike A Schwab

On Aug 5, 4:51*pm, MarkL wrote:
I ride to work all year in Chicago suburbs. Weather is very hard on
the bike, particularly salt and slush in winter. I carry the bike on
the back of my car to get to the trailhead each day, so it gets
additional exposure when I'm driving. I'm considering a Dynamic
bicycle, which has a drive shaft and nexus hub. Does anyone have
experience with these components getting a lot of exposure to
elements, particularly rain, snow and salt? I ride on paved trail so
dirt and grit isn't much of an issue. I sent the company an email last
weekend asking the same question, but haven't heard anything back, not
a ringing endorsement for their sales support.
thanks

Internal hubs are great in winter conditions. Breezer bikes came out
with several internal gear commuter bikes. http://www.icebike.org/
http://www.bikewinter.org/

WINTER RIDING datakoll Techniques 3 March 7th 08 12:32 AM
Winter Riding Tom Sherman[_2_] UK 7 December 25th 07 11:30 AM
Nexus hub and winter conditions - snow, salted roads, etc andrewinoslo Techniques 13 October 28th 07 08:54 PM
schwinn electric bikes and driveshaft [email protected] Techniques 1 February 13th 07 10:43 PM
Winter Riding - Again Saint UK 13 January 21st 04 07:24 AM