Advice for renting and biking in NYC

Old June 3rd 04, 04:10 AM
John

Default Advice for renting and biking in NYC

Hello. I find myself in NYC for the better part of a week later this month,
as I have been cycling regularly of late (on a 57 cm Lemond) I would like to
ride some there. I will be staying near Times Square, and am completely
ignorant of things.

Can bikes (road bikes of reasonable quality that fit me) be rented in the
area? If so, how much, and can they deliver them to my hotel?

I have often heard of cycling in Central Park. Is it readily accessible
from where I will be? Is my idea of riding in the city (in the mornings and
evenings) for fitness a fool's errand?

Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

John

Vacation Biking and the Internet Badger_South General 1 June 3rd 04 07:46 PM
Little biking accident Badger_South General 11 May 22nd 04 02:23 AM
New to biking - HELP wwest General 8 November 10th 03 06:41 PM
Beginner seeking advice Joe S. General 5 October 13th 03 10:57 PM