moutain tires & wheel size query

Old July 7th 03, 10:00 AM
Dilbert Firestorm

Default moutain tires & wheel size query

hey all,

what do I need to look for in getting the right size wheel & tire?

I would like to get mountain tires for my bike, but it may not be possible. size
may be an issue...

my bike is an Response F-S 12 speed. its an old bike I bought from sears.

the tires it currently uses are 27" X 1-1/4 or 1-1/8 (not sure which)

comments are welcome

Old July 7th 03, 02:21 PM
spademan o---[\) *

"Dilbert Firestorm" wrote in
message ...
hey all,

what do I need to look for in getting the right size wheel & tire?

I would like to get mountain tires for my bike, but it may not be

possible. size
may be an issue...

my bike is an Response F-S 12 speed. its an old bike I bought from sears.

the tires it currently uses are 27" X 1-1/4 or 1-1/8 (not sure which)

comments are welcome

Dilbert I have no idea what kinds of tyres you will be able to get, but who
cares, I'd just like to commend you on your most excellent name....

Steve E.

Old July 7th 03, 06:14 PM
Mark Hickey

Dilbert Firestorm wrote:

what do I need to look for in getting the right size wheel & tire?

I would like to get mountain tires for my bike, but it may not be possible. size
may be an issue...

my bike is an Response F-S 12 speed. its an old bike I bought from sears.

the tires it currently uses are 27" X 1-1/4 or 1-1/8 (not sure which)

Check out the Tioga Bloodhound (available in 27x1-3/8") or the
slightly less knobby Kenda Kross Cyclo (also 27" x 1-3/8").

Just make sure you have enough clearance to mount them on your bike
before buying them.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Road Tires - Reviews ?? Churchill General 14 July 10th 04 04:49 PM
Studded tires R Christensen General 2 January 27th 04 04:40 PM
Wheel size questions? Chris Hansen General 3 January 10th 04 05:45 PM
Q. Will I benefit from different tire size or type? Joe Samangitak General 15 August 8th 03 03:38 AM
Couple questions about bike tires Dan Musicant General 19 July 24th 03 09:56 PM