About to spend money... can anyone talk me into a Bianchi SASS and skip the Mono Cog?

Old March 25th 04, 10:05 PM
Lobo Tommy

Default About to spend money... can anyone talk me into a Bianchi SASS and skip the Mono Cog?

I have narrowed down the bike selection to two bikes. Either a
Redline Mono Cog or Bianchi SASS. Now, I can't afford the SASS right
now but in a couple of weeks I will be able to. I need to know
however if the SASS is really worth the extra $450 premium over the
Mono Cog.

Here is a review of me:

30 yo, 280 lbs, goal of riding: weight loss/fitness.
Primary places to ride: Bike Paths / Parks

If anyone can jump in let me know. My past googling suggests that
Redline bicycles are very unreliable. However I have only found that
these ideas are restricted to a couple of posts. These posts were
back in 2002 so I don't know how Red Line stacks up in 2004.

Assuming the Red Line Mono Cog are well made today - Could I spend
that saved $450 ($400 Mono Cog vs. $850 SASS) to make the Mono Cog
better than a stock SASS?
Old March 26th 04, 03:41 PM
Jimbo(san)

Lobo Tommy wrote:
I have narrowed down the bike selection to two bikes. Either a Redline
Mono Cog or Bianchi SASS. Now, I can't afford the SASS right now but in
a couple of weeks I will be able to. I need to know however if the SASS
is really worth the extra $450 premium over the Mono Cog.
Here is a review of me:
30 yo, 280 lbs, goal of riding: weight loss/fitness. Primary places to
ride: Bike Paths / Parks
If anyone can jump in let me know. My past googling suggests that
Redline bicycles are very unreliable. However I have only found that
these ideas are restricted to a couple of posts. These posts were back
in 2002 so I don't know how Red Line stacks up in 2004.
Assuming the Red Line Mono Cog are well made today - Could I spend that
saved $450 ($400 Mono Cog vs. $850 SASS) to make the Mono Cog better
than a stock SASS?

Me and the missus each have a SASS... I would reccomend it highly..

Have heard a few complaints about the Redline's seatpost sizing..

Disks, decently spec'ed... I give it an around the world and bac
snap!!

Jimbo(san

-

Old March 26th 04, 07:32 PM
Carla A-G

"Lobo Tommy" wrote in message
m...
I have narrowed down the bike selection to two bikes. Either a
Redline Mono Cog or Bianchi SASS. Now, I can't afford the SASS right
now but in a couple of weeks I will be able to. I need to know
however if the SASS is really worth the extra $450 premium over the
Mono Cog.

Yes. It is. Read all my RR's and you will know how I feel about my SASS.

Here is a review of me:

30 yo, 280 lbs, goal of riding: weight loss/fitness.
Primary places to ride: Bike Paths / Parks

If anyone can jump in let me know. My past googling suggests that
Redline bicycles are very unreliable. However I have only found that
these ideas are restricted to a couple of posts. These posts were
back in 2002 so I don't know how Red Line stacks up in 2004.

Assuming the Red Line Mono Cog are well made today - Could I spend
that saved $450 ($400 Mono Cog vs. $850 SASS) to make the Mono Cog
better than a stock SASS?

Get the SASS, avoid the headaches, get the quality.

Here is mine:

http://community.webshots.com/album/95608794EWuBZS

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old March 26th 04, 10:27 PM
Lobo Tommy

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
Get the SASS, avoid the headaches, get the quality.

Here is mine:

http://community.webshots.com/album/95608794EWuBZS

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Nice bicycle )

I do believe I am going to put mine on order this weekend!
Old March 26th 04, 10:34 PM
Lobo Tommy

"Carla A-G" wrote in message ...

Get the SASS, avoid the headaches, get the quality.

Here is mine:

http://community.webshots.com/album/95608794EWuBZS

Congratulations! You just sold another single speed
Old March 26th 04, 10:54 PM
Zoot Katz

Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:26:26 -0500, ,
"Carla A-G" shilled:

The Unit flexes like a wet noodle and comes with cheap Kona components,
crappy wheels and v-brakes.

Your bike's frame, according to your other web postings, was custom
made. So, I don't believe you're able to accurately nor objectively
compare the two bikes. Seems to me that somebody who can acquire a
custom made Bianchi has a dog in the race.

Tell me how you got a custom built Bianchi for your stubby self?
--
zk