Peace Themed Jerseys?

Old January 13th 04, 06:45 AM
Dan Daniel

Default Trolling proliferation Was:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:23:34 -0500, Rick Onanian
wrote:

Does anybody know why we have such a proliferation of trolling here
in rec.bicycles.misc [and cross-posted] in the last week or two?

Post-holiday fungus growth spurt. Between new computer people who
finally figure out how to use their news readers (woohoo, Marge- I can
spout anything and look at all the idiots who respond! Ain't this a
kick!), and the regulars having pent-up trolling energy from too much
time with family, January is always a busy month on usenet.

'Ignore thread' and 'Follow-up crosspost action' are your friends.
Old January 13th 04, 07:38 AM
Benjamin Weiner

Default Peace Themed Jerseys?

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

"Lindsay" wrote in message

Looks like Bill Clinton doesn't think that Bush lied or exaggerated.
Bill believes Saddam had WMD's right until the end.

Dumbass -

Who cares what BC thinks - read the last 2 paragraphs of your snippet:

Dumbass,

Why are you trying to engage in a rational argument about this
on Usenet? Just sit back and savor the irony: the same people
who used to call Clinton "Slick Willie," not to mention a
corrupter of the nation's moral character and a threat to our
national security, are now citing him as an authority on
Iraqi WMD, even though he hasn't gotten an intelligence briefing
in three years.

You shouldn't look for rationality in the current political climate
while the irony supply is at such a high. Enjoy what it has to offer -
just like, at a Mexican restaurant, you don't order hamburgers
even if they're on the menu.

Old January 13th 04, 12:41 PM
David Kerber

In article , Kevan@mouse-
potato.com says...
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 01:19:35 GMT, "Pete" from Road Runner High
Speed Online http://www.rr.com wrote:

If anything, their 'issues' should be with the UN, for establishing the
continued air cover over the two Iraqi no-fly zones.

This seems to be a popular myth. The U.N. had nothing to do with the no-fly
zones. They were established and enforced by the U.S. unilaterally.

No, the UN established them (probably at US prompting), and the US and
the Brits enforced them.

--
Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!

Old January 13th 04, 01:14 PM
Pete

"Kevan Smith" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 01:19:35 GMT, "Pete" from Road Runner

High
Speed Online http://www.rr.com wrote:

If anything, their 'issues' should be with the UN, for establishing the
continued air cover over the two Iraqi no-fly zones.

This seems to be a popular myth. The U.N. had nothing to do with the

no-fly
zones. They were established and enforced by the U.S. unilaterally.

uh, no. The three times I was in Turkey (Incirlik AB) during the 90's, there
were British and French troops there as well. Flying missions as part of the
same package.

Pete

Old January 13th 04, 01:54 PM
B. Lafferty

Default Trolling proliferation Was: Lies Finally Being Exposed On Several Topics

The political discussion on one thread (Peace Jerseys) is a Winter diversion
that, IMO, is appropriate until Het Volk or the announcement that Hincapie
has left Postal for a classics team---whichever comes first.

"David Reuteler" wrote in message
.. .
In rec.bicycles.misc Rick Onanian wrote:
: Does anybody know why we have such a proliferation of trolling here
: in rec.bicycles.misc [and cross-posted] in the last week or two?

sorry, rick, my fault.
--
david reuteler

Old January 13th 04, 03:13 PM
Lindsay

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:24:47 -0600, Kevan Smith
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:54:38 -0500, Lindsay from
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:07:46 -0600, Kevan Smith
wrote:

I sure can. My evidence: the U.N. inspectors verified the destruction of Iraq's
arsenal.

No they didn't. Please provide whatever evidence you made your
incorrect assumption upon.

Sure thing. Right he

http://www.un.org/Depts/unmovic/new/pages/index.asp

Plenty of documentation to read.

It's not in there. Guess again Junior.
Old January 13th 04, 07:37 PM
MP

I don't really think rec.bicycles* is unique in that respect. I've
been seeing it on the chess newsgroups for years, and I expect even
gardeners, classical musical enthusiasts, and knitters get their share
of jerks.

Either that or it's an evil conspiracy by whoever you think conspires
evilly.

MP

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:23:34 -0500, Rick Onanian
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:05:15 GMT, "B. Lafferty"
wrote:
snip

Subject was: Lies Finally Being Exposed On Several Topics, None Of
Which Relate To The Topic Of This Newsgroup, But All Do Fit In
Nicely With The Other 450 Messages That Were Waiting For Me When I
Checked It Tonight

Old January 13th 04, 07:49 PM
Tom Kunich

"William Paling" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

Hey, here's a good idea - how about a Jersey with 1,000,000 on it and then
in fine print it can say, "it's Bush's fault that Saddam Hussein killed a
million Iraqi citizens using torture."

Seems like your kind of jersey.

Old January 13th 04, 09:47 PM
Rick Onanian

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:37:47 -0500, MP
wrote:
I don't really think rec.bicycles* is unique in that respect. I've
been seeing it on the chess newsgroups for years, and I expect even
gardeners, classical musical enthusiasts, and knitters get their share
of jerks.

Yes, but my question regards a recent surge in such traffic. Of
course, any given newsfroup gets a steady feed of trolls, but in the
last couple weeks, the traffic has multiplied by whole numbers.

Either that or it's an evil conspiracy by whoever you think conspires
evilly.

Ah! You've struck the truth...it's a big evil conspiracy by The
Machine to prod opinions and personal information out of all of us.
Don't feed the troll! You're only putting yourself deeper into The
Machine!

Time for me to get cosmetic surgery and a new identity. Seeya!

MP

--
Rick "Just kidding, BTW" Onanian
Old January 13th 04, 10:44 PM
David Kerber

In article , Kevan@mouse-
potato.com says...
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:41:03 -0500, David Kerber from
Warren Rogers Associates wrote:

In article , Kevan@mouse-
potato.com says...
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 01:19:35 GMT, "Pete" from Road Runner High
Speed Online http://www.rr.com wrote:

If anything, their 'issues' should be with the UN, for establishing the
continued air cover over the two Iraqi no-fly zones.

This seems to be a popular myth. The U.N. had nothing to do with the no-fly
zones. They were established and enforced by the U.S. unilaterally.

No, the UN established them (probably at US prompting), and the US and
the Brits enforced them.

Nope.

"The two no-fly zones over Iraq were imposed by the US, Britain and France after
the Gulf War, in what was described as a humanitarian effort to protect Shi'a
Muslims in the south and Kurds in the north. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/1175950.stm

"In April 1991, claiming a false authority under Security Council Resolution

Who determined that is is a "false authority"? Somebody at the UN in
a position to know? I doubt it.