where did all these SEROTTAS come from???

Old July 11th 04, 04:10 PM
Mark Hickey

Default where did all these SEROTTAS come from???

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article ,
"Dave Thompson" wrote:

I seriously doubt Kerry's rides on his Serotta has spurred sales of the
brand. Serotta builds about 3000 frames a year, so there's been no huge
increase in the Serotta population of late. In the last several years there
has been much more awareness of the brand as a premium maker, and the
Serotta forum is widely read as a source of good information about things
bike.

Serottas are a premium luxury product. The increased number on the road
indicate that a lot of cyclists have recently been able to upgrade to
their dream bike. I blame the Bush tax cut. Get those cyclists back on
the Jamises and Fujis they deserve!

Ducks, runs,

Heh.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old July 11th 04, 05:58 PM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Mark Hickey wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article ,
"Dave Thompson" wrote:

I seriously doubt Kerry's rides on his Serotta has spurred sales of the
brand. Serotta builds about 3000 frames a year, so there's been no huge
increase in the Serotta population of late. In the last several years there
has been much more awareness of the brand as a premium maker, and the
Serotta forum is widely read as a source of good information about things
bike.

Serottas are a premium luxury product. The increased number on the road
indicate that a lot of cyclists have recently been able to upgrade to
their dream bike. I blame the Bush tax cut. Get those cyclists back on
the Jamises and Fujis they deserve!

Ducks, runs,

Heh.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Oh right! Sorry I forgot, Mark:

Habaneros are also an acceptable budget alternative to Serottas.

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.wiredcola.com
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Old July 11th 04, 11:28 PM
H. Guy

In article ,
"Dave Thompson" wrote:

over the past month in my rides through d.c. and northern
virginia, i've noticed a HUGE increase over last year's
serotta population. from my youthful days, i remember when

Serotta has been building bikes for 30 years. They have a long life, and
their riders are quite active. Perhaps after seeing John Kerry on one, you
started recognizing them and hence observed more. There are lots of Serottas

possible, but i've always been aware of serottas, and that huge
pointy "S" on the head tube is one of the easier logos to spot.
this might be similar to the phenomenon where you buy a cadillac
sedan de ville (is there still such a thing?) and suddenly you're
spotting sedan de villes all over the place, but i've always been
a badge watcher and they *seem* to be more numerous. on weekends
at partlows general store/deli/hangout joint there seems to be a
serotta CONVENTION going on sometimes.

Old July 12th 04, 02:02 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Ryan- Habaneros are also an acceptable budget alternative to Serottas.
BRBR

But delete 'budget'. From my dealings with Ben and Serotta, Serotta would be a
distant choice for me, both as a ride and as a company I would want to do biz
with.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Old July 12th 04, 04:18 PM
Dave Stallard

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

From my dealings with Ben and Serotta, Serotta would be a
distant choice for me, both as a ride and as a company I would want to do biz
with.

Specifics?

Dave

Old July 12th 04, 10:22 PM
homeyTclown

Last year i took the plunge and INVESTED in a serotta legend ti to replace
my marin. even as a 'premium luxury product' i have never once regretted
the decision from any perspective, financial, quality, ride, support - you
name it.

yes it was more expensive than my very old fuji or my marin vicenza, but,
hell, riding is supposed to be something you enjoy - right??? I have to
assume that everyone here feels the same way and would rather save up for a
great bike than a john deere lawn tractor!

don't bunch all serotta owners as stuck up posers, i would say that 95% of
the owners i have met decided that that they wanted to ride something that
they would love for a long time - and, like me, i still haven't met one
that didn't love the ride!

btw - kerry obviously had nothing to do my decision - i was far more
influenced by the usps master's team!

chrism