where did all these SEROTTAS come from???

Old July 12th 04, 10:22 PM
homeyTclown

Default where did all these SEROTTAS come from???

Last year i took the plunge and INVESTED in a serotta legend ti to replace
my marin. even as a 'premium luxury product' i have never once regretted
the decision from any perspective, financial, quality, ride, support - you
name it.

yes it was more expensive than my very old fuji or my marin vicenza, but,
hell, riding is supposed to be something you enjoy - right??? I have to
assume that everyone here feels the same way and would rather save up for a
great bike than a john deere lawn tractor!

don't bunch all serotta owners as stuck up posers, i would say that 95% of
the owners i have met decided that that they wanted to ride something that
they would love for a long time - and, like me, i still haven't met one
that didn't love the ride!

btw - kerry obviously had nothing to do my decision - i was far more
influenced by the usps master's team!

chrism

Old July 13th 04, 10:11 PM
Kovie

"Budget" is a relative term here. I built up a mostly Centaur-equipped
Habbie (Ultegra brakes & DA pedals) recently for around $2k. For most folks
that's a lot of money for a bike, but I guess that when compared to Serottas
& Merlins it's "budget". What do Serottas go for? I recently came across a
$7500 Merlin (which to me is insane unless you can easily afford it and/or
are REALLY serious about cycling). Does that make a Habbie low-end high-end?
High-end mid-range? Insanely expensive low-end? But I digress...

--
Kovie
zen

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " wrote in message
Ryan- Habaneros are also an acceptable budget alternative to Serottas.
BRBR

But delete 'budget'. From my dealings with Ben and Serotta, Serotta would

be a
distant choice for me, both as a ride and as a company I would want to do

biz
with.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Old July 14th 04, 01:46 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

kovie- What do Serottas go for? BRBR

Legend Ti is $3000+(frameset only) and the ottrott is $5000, frameset. For
those prices you could have MANY really nice complete bicycles.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Old July 15th 04, 08:46 AM
Kovie

Ouch. But if you gotta have it, you gotta have it. Just hope the SO
understands (or money just isn't an issue).