one month uni-less... at least...

Old May 25th 04, 01:25 AM
Mistercookieface87

Default one month uni-less... at least...

lately i've been having problems with dizzy spells, balance, and focus.
at first it was just an inconvenience, i couldn't ride the uni for more
than 10 minutes straight without a break, but when it started happening
just when i would stand up after sitting down i figured i should get it
checked out. i had a physical scheduled (needed for my drivers license
and entry into 11th grade) and my doctor referred me to a cardiologist.

SOOOO, i drove the hour to hershey today to get checked out... full body
electrodes, an ultrasound of my chest, and other fun activities. what
they think i have (and you'll have to forgive my spelling, it's all i
could do to remember how to say the damn thing) is a neuro cardiogenic
pre syncope vaso-vagle syncope syndrome. basically, it's not a major
problem, but because of my body growing my heart can't transport the
blood from my feet to my brain after resting. ok, all well and good.
the problem is that i shouldn't be getting dizzy -while- exercising
with said syndrome, so they want to run more tests. because of
business, i can't come back to get more tests done (involving running on
a treadmill all electroded up and wearing a device that records my
heartbeat for 24 hours) for another month. in that month, i'm not
allowed to exert any physical exercise that does not need to be exerted.
i was given specific instructions not to unicycle (i happened to be
wearing my unicycle.com shirt and it came up when they asked about
exercise. anyone else's doctor give them funny looks when unicycling
comes up?) until we find out the results from the other tests.

normally i would just say f*** the doctor, but i do believe his exact
words were "now it's very rare, but there is a chance you have something
that would cause your next big reaction to be your last" i've often
thought i couldn't live without unicycling, but now there's a chance i
won't live if i do (all be it very slim...)

and just to make things interesting they tell me my caffeine intake is
making the problem worse, and that i should cut it out of my diet almost
entirely. it was like a slap to the face, me who drinks at leset 2 cups
of coffee a day, drinks more raspberry tea than anything else, and owns
a bottle of caffeinated hot sauce...

grrrr.... no caffeine, a girlfriend away all week on a church retreat,
and my unicycle banned during the first weeks of summer vacation... i
don't know if i'm going to survive.

whew. now that i have sufficiently vented i feel better.

--
Mistercookieface87 - Lv. 4

shoots a gun at the feet the world dances.
Mistercookieface87's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2871

Old May 25th 04, 02:05 AM
tennisgh22

im right there with ya in the not being able to unicycle
department...tho its not cuz of injury, just that i dont have one at the
moment. its rough stuff. im in withdrawal. hopefully your doc will find
what is going on with you and be able to fix it. until then, i guess
you'll have to find an alternative to caffeine...may i suggest sprinting
200 meters as fast as you can when you start to get tired? it works
better than caffeine, trust me

-grant

--
tennisgh22 - When will my kh24 come?!?!

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

Old May 25th 04, 02:37 AM
bugman

Dude, if my next spell could be my last.... I think I would find a way
to get that test done a little sooner. Uni or not. There is nothing in
your life more important than staying healthy or more importantly
staying alive.

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

May is National Bike Month Ablang General 7 April 7th 04 12:16 AM
One month video gpickett00 Unicycling 8 March 23rd 04 09:58 PM
6 month / 6,000 mile Haluzak review m worth Recumbent Biking 6 September 6th 03 11:39 PM