Ultegra/Dura-Ace

Old April 11th 11, 12:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chris Taylor[_2_]

Default Ultegra/Dura-Ace

has anyone tried to place a ultegra 9 speed cassette on a Dura-Ace hub
I'm looking to have a wheel build done when I decide who is going to do
the build!
I would like to use dura-ace hubs and place my 9 speed 6500 cassette on it
Old April 11th 11, 12:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Art Harris

Chris Taylor wrote:
has anyone tried to place a ultegra 9 speed cassette on a Dura-Ace hub
I'm looking to have a wheel build done when I decide who is going to do
the build!
I would like to use dura-ace hubs and place my 9 speed 6500 cassette on it

I did that several years ago. No problem. I assume you have a 9-speed
Dura-Ace Freehub.

Art Harris

Old April 11th 11, 12:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chris Taylor[_3_]

On 11/04/11 21:35, Art Harris wrote:
Chris Taylor wrote:
has anyone tried to place a ultegra 9 speed cassette on a Dura-Ace hub
I'm looking to have a wheel build done when I decide who is going to do
the build!
I would like to use dura-ace hubs and place my 9 speed 6500 cassette on it

I did that several years ago. No problem. I assume you have a 9-speed
Dura-Ace Freehub.

Art Harris

NO was thinking of trying to just space it would be a new freehub from
wiggles
Old April 11th 11, 01:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Art Harris

Chris Taylor wrote:
has anyone tried to place a ultegra 9 speed cassette on a Dura-Ace hub
I'm looking to have a wheel build done when I decide who is going to do
the build!
I would like to use dura-ace hubs and place my 9 speed 6500 cassette on it

I did that several years ago. No problem. I assume you have a 9-speed
Dura-Ace Freehub.

Art Harris

NO was thinking of trying to just space it would be a new freehub from
wiggles

I think that will be a problem.

See:
http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/in.../t-622991.html

Art Harris
Old April 11th 11, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bfd[_2_]

On Apr 11, 7:22*am, John Dacey wrote:
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 09:56:43 -0400, John Dacey

wrote:
With only a single exception, all Dura-Ace 9 and ten speed hubs will
accommodate a 6500 series hub.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *^^^

Oops, that should read "6500 series cassette".

The exception is the model FH-7800
(first generation ten-speed model, identified by its aluminum freehub
rotor body with tall splines) which fits ten-speed cassettes only.

The FH-7800 was subsequently replaced by the FH-7850 and then FH-7900,
both of which are backwards-compatible with 9-speed cassettes.

Agree, except for that DA 7800 rear hub, all Shimano cassette rear
hubs should be able to fit 8, 9 and 10 speed cassettes. In fact, some
can even fit 7 speed cassettes (although you might need a spacer or
special lockring). So run DA cassettes with 105/tiagra hubs or visa
versa. Its all works. Good Luck!

dura-ace vs ultegra Mark Cleary[_2_] Techniques 9 December 21st 09 05:04 PM
Can I use Dura-Ace on Ultegra? Jason Spaceman Techniques 14 October 23rd 08 09:55 PM
Dura Ace vs. Ultegra STI Churchill Techniques 72 July 16th 04 05:24 PM
Ultegra v. Dura Ace Raoul Duke General 5 April 6th 04 05:01 AM
Ultegra vs. Dura-Ace? Emily Techniques 41 November 26th 03 02:29 PM