Seat Problem on EZ Sport

Old August 8th 05, 11:03 AM
Mark P

Default Seat Problem on EZ Sport

I bought an EZ Sport last year and overall have been thrilled with it. It
was my first bent purchase and I waited too long to make the switch!

The only real problem I have with my EZ Sport is that my back keeps hitting
the rear metal bar behind the seat, especially when I hit a bump. I took it
to my dealer, and they tightened all the straps to reduce the flexibility of
the seat (I think there are 4 straps total), and this did seem to help for a
while. However, after riding for about 10 miles, I noticed I was having the
same problem again.

Before buying the EZ Sport, I found a place that rented the EZ-1, and was
able to use the EZ-1 several times for extended periods. I never had the
problem of my back hitting the bar on the EZ-1; I assume the design is
simply different on that bike.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

Mark

Old August 9th 05, 09:20 AM
Slugger

In article , Mark P
wrote:

[...]

Congrats on your EZ-Sport. I have one myself and I really love it. I
have never had that problem. I have about 1 inch clearance between the
bottom bar of the seat back and the seat base foam. Check to see if you
have a similar clearance between the two. Otherwise its possible that
someone put it together wrong. You might also try moving you seat back
down further. That will get you a nice angle to get away from the bar.
Also you may be too close to the pedals. Try moving the seatbase back
some also. It took a while to dial in the seat perfect for me.

Come to think of it. The seat base might be too far forward on the
screw holes. Just a possibility anyways.

Cheers!
Old August 9th 05, 05:26 PM
Stonegrift

I have an EZ-1 SC and I went and looked at the picture of the Sport on
the easyracer web site. The one glaring thing I can see is the angle
of the back brace bars. On the EZ-1 you almost have to keep the seat
in an amost completely upright position. The Sport with it's bigger
rear tire gives the possibility of having more of a tilt to the back.
Perhaps you need could try adjusting the seat to a more vertical
position.

Old August 9th 05, 05:38 PM
Ohio Jerry

"Mark P" wrote in message
[...]

I think the seat is like the one on my wife's EZ-3. It uses plastic clips
that
you squeeze to release for keeping thestraps tight. If the strap on the
adjustable side of the clip is threaded through the slots incorrectly they
will slip under tension. I think there are some small ridges molded into the
slots. They are supposed to bite into the strap to keep it from slipping. If
this
end of the clip is installed wrong side to the back, the ridges may not
contact the
strap in the right place.

On the EZ-3, the left (adjustable) strap runs along the front side of the
clip
past the left slot, goes through the right slot, loops over the bar between
the
slots and goes into the left slot. The end of the strap should then be
pointing to
the left and should be pressed against the clip by the piece of itself
mentioned
in the previous sentence. (Whew !) This way the harder you pull, the tighter
it holds.
Supposedly.

Jerry

Old December 3rd 05, 08:38 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

I have two of the EZ-3USX trikes from two different shops and both have the
same problem. I keep tightening them until now they are noticeably
stretched. The material and design appear to be no good. I am working on a
solution but in the mean time I am using foam tubing to cover the tubes to
make them rideable.