Cheap substitute for knee scooter?

Old February 4th 11, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
david

Default Cheap substitute for knee scooter?

I have a foot injury that permits only partial weight bearing (1/3 body
weight), so I'm currently using crutches. But the crutches are uncomfortable
and prevents me from carrying things.

One alternative is to use a knee scooter. However they are expensive,
whether to rent ($40/week) or to buy ($300 or higher).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knee_scooter

A cheap substitute is to use an office chair (kneel the injured leg on the
chair and push the chair around). But the chair is hard to steer.

Can someone think of something cheap and better than an office chair? I'm
thinking a 3-wheel kick scooter (only $50) may work but they seem to be made
for little kids. A tricycle or bike with training wheel would work, but they
probably use up too much space.

I'm primarily using this walking device at my apartment, so it has to be
compact.

BTW I'm in the seattle east side area if you know a good store to tryout
kick scooters please let me know.

Old February 5th 11, 06:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 2/4/2011 3:54 PM, david ? wrote:
[...]

I have several kick scooters [1], and there is a lot of muscle stress on
both the standing and pushing legs while riding.

[1] Xootr Mg, Sidewalker Micro, Razor.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

The Cylists' Substitute List Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 77 July 16th 09 09:01 PM
it's so good . but the price is so low .cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap prs-123 Social Issues 0 October 18th 07 02:47 PM
FS: Castelli Leg & Knee Warmers NEW - CHEAP! [email protected] Marketplace 0 May 22nd 07 04:16 PM
Bike substitute RicodJour Racing 3 March 17th 06 03:33 AM
FS: Federal ACL knee gasket knee pads, new, medium Todd Marketplace 0 February 8th 05 05:29 AM