what was the bicycle with the variable-tooth sprocket?

Old July 22nd 12, 12:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Cimperman

Default what was the bicycle with the variable-tooth sprocket?

All over the maker blog sites today is this guy who has designed a
variable-tooth sprocket for bicycles:
http://www.blendernation.com/2012/07...bike-sprocket/

Somebody already did this some years back though, I remember seeing the
video showing a working example (the actual bike with this setup). You
held a hand-control lever and then pedaled forward or backward to change
the effective sprocket size. Does anybody else remember what I'm talking
about?

I don't know if it was ever an actual product offered for sale, it may
have only gotten to the prototype stage.
Old July 22nd 12, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

I have one patentable but for wha$ rumored invented circa 1956 again not patented.... but here we have GooPatent

https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts&hl=e...w=1152&bih=635

blow urbrains out
Old July 22nd 12, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

SHINANO IS IN HERE EYEYEAHHAHAHH apparently cornering the market

and here's images

https://www.google.com/search?q=bicy...w=1152&bih=635

Old July 22nd 12, 03:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

nut nut nut

https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts&hl=e...1152& bih=635
Old July 22nd 12, 03:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Saturday, July 21, 2012 7:42:55 PM UTC-7, datakoll wrote:
SHINANO IS IN HERE EYEYEAHHAHAHH apparently cornering the market

and here's images

https://www.google.com/search?q=bicy...&amp ;bih=635

lighting ?

https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts&hl=e...1152 &bih=635
Old July 22nd 12, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

racks ?

https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts&hl=e...1152&bi h=635

I could patent muh rack !
Old July 22nd 12, 04:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

here's Goodyear

http://www.google.com/patents?id=PQ1...g e&q&f=false

Old July 22nd 12, 04:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

variable-tooth sprocket for bicycles:http://www.blendernation.com/2012/07...variable-tooth...

Somebody already did this some years back though, I remember seeing the
video showing a working example (the actual bike with this setup). You
held a hand-control lever and then pedaled forward or backward to change
the effective sprocket size. Does anybody else remember what I'm talking
about?

I don't know if it was ever an actual product offered for sale, it may
have only gotten to the prototype stage.

This is one of those holy grail concepts that MANY have attempted.
I do remember a commercial version that used a group of small
planetary cogs positioned to create a more-or-less circular array (an
effective chainring), with each small each cogs movable to allow the
radius of the array to be varied. I can't recall the name and don't
know whether it was patented. It may have been related to an
"automatic" shifting device.
This is similar in concept with the group of small cogs:
http://www.google.com/patents/US3969...intsec=drawing

But with regard to the cited concept, here's a patent from '01 -
probably not the century you were expecting though
http://www.google.com/patents/US672962?printsec=drawing

DR
Old July 22nd 12, 04:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

yeah Seymour is obviuos, first design boeiiiiiiiiing into mind....locomotive and dirt howya gonna deal with DIRT think DIRT IDRT DIRT DIRT