Can you identify make of this rim?

Old January 26th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JohnC

Default Can you identify make of this rim?

Can someone identify the make of this 27" alloy clincher rim. There is
not much to go on.. It was on a Lambert (early 70's). Any ideas?

http://home.everestkc.net/upperquad/Rim/

Thank you
John

Old January 26th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

There is an expired post on craigslist that if you click on the link in a
yahoo search it is expired, but if you read the details of the link in yahoo
it says the bike seller is listing:
Red 1972 LAMBERT GRAND PRIX PROFESSIONAL racing roadbike
The Viscount/Lambert bicycle went out of business in a few years, but during
.... original wheels: Mavic aluminum rims with Lambert quick release aluminum
hubs. ...
eugene.craigslist.org/bik/495920632.html - 6k

Old January 27th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

JohnC Wrote:
Can someone identify the make of this 27" alloy clincher rim. There is
not much to go on.. It was on a Lambert (early 70's). Any ideas?
http://home.everestkc.net/upperquad/Rim/

daveornee wrote:
Wobler

John Thompson wrote:
I dunno. It looks a heck of a lot like a Weinmann rim I have:
http://www.os2.dhs.org/~john/weinmann-rim.jpg

Yes, it does look similar to a Weinmann 210. Lambert used various
vendors but I don't recognize those label remnants. Could be a
Nisi-Evian, a single wall rim from Weinmann or from just about any other
European rim maker of the era.
Wolber was making both molded and handmade tires (& clinchers) then but
hadn't yet acquired SuperChampion's rim operations so it's not a Wolber.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old January 27th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

daveornee wrote:
JohnC Wrote:
Can someone identify the make of this 27" alloy clincher rim. There is
not much to go on.. It was on a Lambert (early 70's). Any ideas?

http://home.everestkc.net/upperquad/Rim/

Thank you
John

Wobler

Those sound hard to true!

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
- A. Derleth
Old January 28th 08, 08:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
M-gineering

A Muzi wrote:
JohnC Wrote:
Can someone identify the make of this 27" alloy clincher rim. There is
not much to go on.. It was on a Lambert (early 70's). Any ideas?
http://home.everestkc.net/upperquad/Rim/

daveornee wrote:
Wobler

John Thompson wrote:
I dunno. It looks a heck of a lot like a Weinmann rim I have:
http://www.os2.dhs.org/~john/weinmann-rim.jpg

Yes, it does look similar to a Weinmann 210. Lambert used various
vendors but I don't recognize those label remnants. Could be a
Nisi-Evian, a single wall rim from Weinmann or from just about any other
European rim maker of the era.
Wolber was making both molded and handmade tires (& clinchers) then but
hadn't yet acquired SuperChampion's rim operations so it's not a Wolber.

The rim and the transfer do not look like the Evian rim i've left over
from a Viscount. Wasn't the dimpled spokeholes a Weinmann feature?

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl
Old January 28th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

JohnC Wrote:
Can someone identify the make of this 27" alloy clincher rim.
There is
not much to go on.. It was on a Lambert (early 70's). Any ideas?
http://home.everestkc.net/upperquad/Rim/

daveornee wrote:
Wobler

M-gineering wrote:
The rim and the transfer do not look like the Evian rim i've left over
from a Viscount. Wasn't the dimpled spokeholes a Weinmann feature?

Well, yes, and also a Birmalux feature and just about everyone else at
that time. Whetever it is, Viscount may have rebadged the rim
themselves or, as with Nisi-Evian, purchased through a distributor with
house labels. Dunno.