Bicycle lights.

Old December 7th 16, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Bicycle lights.

On Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 10:36:14 AM UTC-8, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:
Magic charms to ward off evil car drivers.

Seems to be nothing more than superstition.............................

With winter upon us and so many people riding bicycles to and from work especially on public transportation lines we end up with people that are invariably wearing black or dark clothing riding hap-haphazardly in the streets and cutting off of sidewalks.

Though it is the law that they are required to have lights most do not. I wish we could make it clear to them that if they are not going to spring for lights, which is understandable at the prices, that they should at least wear bright colors.
Old December 8th 16, 08:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Benderthe.evilrobot

wrote:
Magic charms to ward off evil car drivers.

Seems to be nothing more than superstition.............................

With winter upon us and so many people riding bicycles to and from work
especially on public transportation lines we end up with people that are
invariably wearing black or dark clothing riding hap-haphazardly in the
streets and cutting off of sidewalks.

Though it is the law that they are required to have lights most do not. I
wish we could make it clear to them that if they are not going to spring
for lights, which is understandable at the prices, that they should at
least wear bright colors.

I couldn't believe it myself - but drivers seem to avoid unlit bicycles like
the plague.

meanwhile; I always use approved lighting and frequently get endangered -
the least of it is passing dangerously close....................

At the final reckoning; my lights make a criminal prosecution of the driver
who kills me, a lot more likely.

On certain routes; I stick entirely to the footpath because I'd already be
dead if I didn't.............

Old December 8th 16, 08:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 11:30:51 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 10:36:14 AM UTC-8, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:
Magic charms to ward off evil car drivers.

Seems to be nothing more than superstition.............................

With winter upon us and so many people riding bicycles to and from work especially on public transportation lines we end up with people that are invariably wearing black or dark clothing riding hap-haphazardly in the streets and cutting off of sidewalks.

Though it is the law that they are required to have lights most do not. I wish we could make it clear to them that if they are not going to spring for lights, which is understandable at the prices, that they should at least wear bright colors.

unenforceable

the riders you write of are below average intelligence.

nothing short of 2-3 severe beatings will get them into colors

with one, and not unintelligent, I gave him a neon dayglow T ....he gave it back saying he didnah wan people to think him a fag

last count local pop tallied 25% fags
Old December 10th 16, 09:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 12:56:09 PM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
[...]

Those who write of other's intelligence probably shouldn't talk about others being below average intelligence. You can't even tell the difference between a law and a personal suggestion.
Old December 10th 16, 10:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Benderthe.evilrobot

wrote:
[...]

How can you know? - Most of his writings are

Serious bicycle lights [email protected] Techniques 0 November 2nd 08 04:10 AM
Bicycle lights Lord Turkey Cough[_2_] UK 4 November 17th 07 08:52 PM
Bicycle lights Tim Woodall UK 0 November 17th 07 07:50 PM
Bicycle lights Greens Techniques 23 August 28th 07 03:41 AM
Batteryless bicycle flashing lights, new kind of bicycle dynamo. [email protected] General 2 August 9th 05 02:44 PM