Next thing we'll have to recharge our bicycle hat after every coupleof rides.

Old February 2nd 17, 07:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Next thing we'll have to recharge our bicycle hat after every coupleof rides.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...l-design-award

--
JS
Old February 2nd 17, 08:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 2 Feb 2017 18:14:39 +1100, James
wrote:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...l-design-award

You can "pre-order" one, they cost US$164 and come in one size, three
colors, weigh 442 grams, and the battery last for 30 - 45 minutes.
In the two reviews I read there was no mention an approval by any
testing agency. :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 2nd 17, 02:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

evidence of alien life forms

Old February 2nd 17, 05:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/2/2017 2:14 AM, James wrote:
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...l-design-award

From the article: "The idea came to Singaporean Eu-wen Ding while he
was studying at Harvard University. 'I was cycling around Boston and
didn't always have lights. After a few close calls I realised I needed
to do something about my visibility,' he said."

Um... like put lights on your bike, Mr. Harvard??

"Mr Ding, now 31, said he nearly crashed into people opening car doors
and had his handlebars clipped by cars making turns."

Perhaps you should stop riding in the door zone? Maybe take the lane so
you don't get right hooked?

I guess they don't offer basic bicycling classes at Harvard.

In this country, the cure for ignorance isn't education. The "cure" is
"buy this thing!!!"

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 8th 17, 11:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Chaplin

John B. wrote in
:

they cost US$164 and come in one size

"One size"? If I cannot find one to fit my size 7½ scronch, it's going to be
a hard sell in this corner. I was interested, even at that price, but...
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO