Non-Aero Barke Levers

Old February 20th 17, 06:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Non-Aero Barke Levers

I want to install non-aero brake levers on a bike I have from the
non-aero era and so far have not had a lot of luck locating any. I
believe that Dia Compe currently makes three versions of non-aero
brake levers. The DC 165 with (I think)_ with auxiliary levers to
operate the brakes from the center of the handle bars (which I do not
care for), the GC 202 and the DC 204, and I believe that there is a
version of either the 202 or the 204 with "lightening" holes in the
levers.

Are any of these, or any look-a-likes, currently marketed in the U.S.
and if so what would the price (set) likely be?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 20th 17, 09:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 1:39:57 AM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
I want to install non-aero brake levers on a bike I have from the
non-aero era and so far have not had a lot of luck locating any. I
believe that Dia Compe currently makes three versions of non-aero
brake levers. The DC 165 with (I think)_ with auxiliary levers to
operate the brakes from the center of the handle bars (which I do not
care for), the GC 202 and the DC 204, and I believe that there is a
version of either the 202 or the 204 with "lightening" holes in the
levers.

Are any of these, or any look-a-likes, currently marketed in the U.S.
and if so what would the price (set) likely be?
--
Cheers,

John B.

I don't know if it'd be cheaper but I can send you a pair of old non-aero brake levers I took off a bicycle. My email works as is if you wantthe levers.

Cheers
Old February 20th 17, 09:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gregory Sutter

http://store.velo-orange.com/index.p...ke-levers.html
http://store.velo-orange.com/index.p...s-drilled.html
http://store.velo-orange.com/index.p...ke-levers.html

--
Gregory S. Sutter Mostly Harmless

http://zer0.org/~gsutter/
Old February 20th 17, 12:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 03:33:45 -0600, Gregory Sutter

On 2017-02-20, John B wrote:

I want to install non-aero brake levers on a bike I have from the
non-aero era and so far have not had a lot of luck locating any. I
believe that Dia Compe currently makes three versions of non-aero
brake levers. The DC 165 with (I think)_ with auxiliary levers to
operate the brakes from the center of the handle bars (which I do not
care for), the GC 202 and the DC 204, and I believe that there is a
version of either the 202 or the 204 with "lightening" holes in the
levers.

Are any of these, or any look-a-likes, currently marketed in the U.S.
and if so what would the price (set) likely be?

http://store.velo-orange.com/index.p...ke-levers.html
http://store.velo-orange.com/index.p...s-drilled.html
http://store.velo-orange.com/index.p...ke-levers.html

'Yup, I know about Velo-Orange and I know about their very high prices
too :-)

But Thanks anyway.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 20th 17, 12:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 01:24:25 -0800 (PST), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

[...]

Thanks and I may take you up on that if I can't find some.We do have a
giant swap meet sort of thing here but unfortunately it isn't a
scheduled sort of thing, sort of a "whenever" thing and I'll look
there first.

The last time I went there was a guy selling retro campagnolo stuff.
He had a set of Delta brakes that I had lusted for back in the day.
Cheap too, only US$ 275 :-) I didn't buy them.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 20th 17, 02:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

On 2017-02-20, John B wrote:

[...]

Harris Cyclery, was Sheldon Brown's employer, sells them for $42.95 a
pair, which is a bit over the VO price. They're not a bargain outlet,
but I would be surprised to find a niche item selling for too much less.

Those who don't want to pay such prices just keep a sharp lookout on
trash day.