CHARTING THE ATTEMPT BY GENE DANIELS aka DATAKOLL TO TAKE OVER rec.bicycles.tech (RBT)

Old May 12th 13, 07:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default CHARTING THE ATTEMPT BY GENE DANIELS aka DATAKOLL TO TAKE OVER rec.bicycles.tech (RBT)

I thought it might be amusing to chart the attempts by Gene Daniels aka Datakoll to take over the rec. bicycles.tech newsgroup (RBT). Perhaps I can use it as a case study in self-delusion and overweening, entirely unjustified ambition for my grad students, as I did the earlier attempts of the Magnequest Scum to take over rec. audio.tubes (RAT).

Andre Jute
Sauvitor in modo, fortiter in res
Old May 12th 13, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

GENE DANIELS AKA DATAKOLL TRIES TO REDEFINE RBT AS AN EXCLUSIVELY AMERICAN NEWSGROUP

Earlier Daniels told me I should respect him more because he's an American. He gave no other reason, apparently considerng it enough to be an American.. (I apologise for not saving the reference, but it became clear only later that it was part of a pattern.) At the time I merely thought, "The Ugly American is alive and well, and his name is Gene Daniels," and moved on.

Next, Daniels claimed that RBT is an American group:

On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:18:36 PM UTC+1, datakoll wrote:
this is our group not yours

And again,
On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 1:37:59 AM UTC+1, datakoll wrote:
You are in our group not your group as a matter of language and style.

Actually, there is nothing in the RBT founding documents to describe RBT as American, there are very likely more members of RBT elsewhere than in the US, and it is extremely doubtful that even among the American members a majority could be found to support Daniels' cramped isolationism and destructive, self-aggrandizing xenophobia.

Old May 12th 13, 07:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

GENE DANIELS AKA DATAKOLL TRIES TO SET HIMSELF UP AS THE MEMBERSHIP FUHRER OF RBT

Not satisfied with that, Daniels then laughably tried to set himself up as the arbiter of who can belong to RBT:
On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 1:37:59 AM UTC+1, datakoll wrote:
I understand your place is in Australia ?
Your standards are more than acceptable in North America

Apparently Daniels also believes that he has the right to exclude anyone whose sensible opinions detracts from the attention he believes he deserves for his inane witterings:
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013, datakoll wrote to Andre Jute:
you should stay home

Worse, the little scumbag Daniels then tries to threaten me:
On Saturday, May 11, 2013 12:33:58 PM UTC+1, datakoll wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?q=andr...iw=960&bih=529

The URL given by Daniels leads to 407,000 internet references about me. What Daniels is telling me is, "You're a public figure. Beware, pay me respect, or I will assault your reputation on the net, and cost you money." It is the equivalent of a sneak thief stealing your wallet with your wages in it.

Old May 12th 13, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

GENE DANIELS AKA DATAKOLL TRIES TO REDEFINE THE PURPOSE OF RBT, AND TO USE IT AS A MEMBERSHIP CONTROL

On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 3:46:45 AM UTC+1, datakoll wrote:
there's no DIY here beyond the EEE group
surly not from you.

You should read the charter, Daniels, if you can. This is not solely a DIY conference, and doing DIY is not a prerequisite for membership.

Andre Jute
Sauvitor in modo, fortiter in res

GENE DANIELS AKA DATAKOLL TRIES TO EXPLAIN WHY HE SHOULD BE THE BOSS OF RBT

When Daniels was sharply pulled up for his attempt to take over the newsgroup by members telling him he didn't speak for them, he explained his reasons for his ludicrous belief that he should be in a position of authority over us.

On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 1:37:59 AM UTC+1, datakoll wrote:
I'm the main provider. Check that.

Frankly, I fell off my chair laughing. (Well, actually I was reading it on my iPad on an exercise machine, and I fell off that. The chair at my desk has arms.) If the leadership of RBT, assuming only for the moment that we should all go mushy in the head and require leadership at all, were to devolve purely by number of inane posts, surely the Tibetan Monkey would have a much, much greater claim to be fuhrer of RBT than Daniels.

Yo, Daniels, you want to improve the quality of your posts from threats, gay bashing, anti-semitism, and incomprehensible stupidities, irrelevant URLs, and suchlike thicko posts — and then you'll still be surplus to requirements. You're the main provider of idiocies.

Old May 12th 13, 07:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

GENE DANIELS AKA DATAKOLL TRIES TO CONTROL WHAT WE CAN AND CANNOT SAY ON RBT

This semi-literate little man Daniels even more risibly attempted to set himself up as the arbiter of what others can and cannot say:
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:18:36 PM UTC+1, datakoll wrote:
we ask for civility at least a tempering of what you consider 'humor'

Amusingly, in a classic example of dark motive transference, he tried to project his own intent onto me:
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:18:36 PM UTC+1, datakoll wrote: your intent isnot discussion, it is rule. You work on
exercizing power not discussion.

Yeah, I have whole newspapers, and a TV channel, and my books, to exercise influence in, so I should want RBT. Pull the other one, sonny. (It appears never to have occurred to this unsophisticated redneck that people like me don't need to exercise control because most people agree with us most of the time. Persuasion is so much cheaper and more agreeable than control.)
Old May 12th 13, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Whatever. It's a sick joke for this vicious, crude, anti-semitic, homophobic, illiterate jerk Gene Daniels aka Datakoll even to aspire to the leadership of any newsgroup, never mind one mainly inhabited by educated, tolerant-minded people.

Old May 12th 13, 08:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/12/2013 1:48 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
I thought it might be amusing to chart the attempts by Gene Daniels aka Datakoll to take over the rec. bicycles.tech newsgroup (RBT). Perhaps I can use it as a case study in self-delusion and overweening, entirely unjustified ambition for my grad students, as I did the earlier attempts of the Magnequest Scum to take over rec. audio.tubes (RAT).

Andre Jute
Sauvitor in modo, fortiter in res

You're welcome to your opinion but Gene has given us much,
including the timeless advice on wheelbuilding methods using
a dead chicken (27 September, 2002)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 12th 13, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rob Lindauer[_3_]

Default Blah blah blah

Andre Jute wrote:

Sigh. With my kids, I could just say "take it outside, kids."
Unfortunately that doesn't work with the childish spats here.

--
Rob Lindauer, (replace "att" with "sbc")
Old May 12th 13, 09:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
davethedave[_2_]

On Sun, 12 May 2013 11:48:35 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

I thought it might be amusing to chart the attempts by Gene Daniels aka
Datakoll to take over the rec. bicycles.tech newsgroup (RBT). Perhaps I
can use it as a case study in self-delusion and overweening, entirely
unjustified ambition for my grad students, as I did the earlier attempts
of the Magnequest Scum to take over rec. audio.tubes (RAT).

Andre Jute Sauvitor in modo, fortiter in res

You are now indulging in the same multipost stupidity that got Mr Koll
chucked in my killfile. You've had your rant, now get a killfile of your
own and move on.

Half and halfs and Bushmills was it?
--
davethedave