A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

CHARTING THE ATTEMPT BY GENE DANIELS aka DATAKOLL TO TAKE OVER rec.bicycles.tech (RBT)

Old May 13th 13, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Blah blah blah

I've never heard of you, Rob Lindaur, before you started whining that you want the victims of Gene Daniels' persecution to suffer in silence.

Since you're obviously no use to principled people in putting down the scumball Gene Daniels aka Datakoll, you are cordially invited not to get underfoot while I do what is necessary.

Andre Jute

On Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:30:48 PM UTC+1, Rob Lindauer wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:

Sigh. With my kids, I could just say "take it outside, kids."

Unfortunately that doesn't work with the childish spats here.

--

Rob Lindauer, (replace "att" with "sbc")

Ads
Old May 13th 13, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default CHARTING THE ATTEMPT BY GENE DANIELS aka DATAKOLL TO TAKE OVERrec. bicycles.tech (RBT)

Yo, Jeff:

If netbully Gene Daniels aka Datakoll threatened to steal your pay packet, as he openly does to me, I would stand up for you.

Equally, if the scumball Daniels aka Datakoll were to interfere in your freedom of speech by trying to run you out of RBT, I would kick him in the goolies until he ceases and desists or, if he is stubborn, until he perishes.

I would do these things on the principle that a) one man's freedom of speech is every man's freedom of speech, and b) if the scumball Daniels aka Datakoll is allowed to get away with doing it to you, tomorrow it might me. Or, since you appear not yet to have grasped the obvious, if redneck slime like Daniels is permitted to get away with what he is trying to do to me, tomorrow it could be you he's doing it to.

But your entire long post doesn't even mention these matters of principle. Instead you whine at length about my method of dealing with this slimy anti-semite Daniels aka Datakoll. You should read your letter in the light of what Daniels has already confessed to, in his own words above, and consider whether people who wonder at the insensitivity of engineers won't find another example in you.

Andre Jute

PS Your remarks about a slip of the finger in the family motto demonstrates only that you can teach an engineer a little rote-Latin but you can't teach him perspective. You should ask for your tuition back from whoever taught you Latin if he left you with the impression that the motto of any family which has survived as long as mine even remotely admits of the politically correct translation "inoffensively". Christ, what PC mush do they teach for history where you were educated? The Romans, whose language Latin was, had no intention of being "inoffensive", and any family with a Latin or old-French motto rose by profitable hooliganism, no mealymouthing about politically correct "inoffensiveness". Thanks for the giggle, man, but if your understanding of what stands behind the Latin is that badly flawed, don't flaunt your ignorance in public.

PPS. I'll get around to answering the other points in your post later, if I can make time.

From the center of his navel,
On Monday, May 13, 2013 1:28:55 AM UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 12 May 2013 11:48:35 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

I thought it might be amusing to chart the attempts by

Gene Daniels aka Datakoll to take over the

rec.bicycles.tech newsgroup (RBT).

What are you proposing? That he be tried, convicted, and executed in

absentia? The surest sign of success is pollution, and

rec.bicycles.tech is certainly successful[1]. How can you argue with

success?

Perhaps I can use it as a case study in self-delusion and

overweening, entirely unjustified ambition for my grad students,

Let he who is free of self-delusion, arrogance, self aggrandizement,

off topic postings, failure to follow the newsgroup charter, and is

further lacking in tact, humility, grace, tolerance, footnotes, and a

Latin spelling chequer, cast the first stone. (Note: I don't

qualify).

as I did the earlier attempts of the Magnequest Scum to take

over rec. audio.tubes (RAT).

Did it work?

Andre Jute

Sauvitor in modo, fortiter in res

It's "Suavitor in modo, fortiter in res".

Gently in manner, resolutely in action. To do unhesitatingly

what must be done but accomplishing it as inoffensively as

possible.

Inoffensive? Surely you jest.

[1] At the bottom of every dumpster is a diamond. The problem is

that few want to wade through all the garbage in the dumpster to find

it.

--

Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com

Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Old May 13th 13, 10:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Henderson
external usenet poster

Default CHARTING THE ATTEMPT BY GENE DANIELS aka DATAKOLL TO TAKE OVER rec. bicycles.tech (RBT)

Andre Jute wrote:

If netbully Gene Daniels aka Datakoll threatened to steal your pay packet, as he openly does to me, I would stand up for you.

Gene has a wicked sense of humour, and you're such an easy
target. I think that's the crux of this whole pointless thread.

John
Old May 13th 13, 10:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default CHARTING THE ATTEMPT BY GENE DANIELS aka DATAKOLL TO TAKE OVERrec. bicycles.tech (RBT)

On Monday, May 13, 2013 3:06:40 AM UTC+1, gpsman wrote:
On May 12, 2:48*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

I thought it might be amusing to chart the attempts by Gene Daniels aka Datakoll to take over the rec. bicycles.tech newsgroup (RBT).

Only k00ks start threads about other posters...

-----
- gpsman

I'm not a kook, I'm just slightly eccentric in believing that liberty is indivisible, and worth standing up for.

You don't have to agree with me on the principle or the means. From my viewpoint it is enough if you don't get in my way. From your viewpoint though, if you view what happens to Daniels next, when I kick apart his already inadequate self-image, and dance on the quivering wreck underneath until it drowns in the sweat of its own fear, as an entertainment, you can't go wrong; it's a win-win for you.

Andre Jute
Down with Telemachus
(For those without the benefit of Jeff's Latin, Telemachus was the Christian preacher who closed the Colosseum, centre of the Roman gladiatorial spectacle -- he was later martyred and is now the patron saint of spoilsports)
Old May 13th 13, 10:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I gather that the silly little squirt Jute has a vendetta going against Gene Daniels. I don't follow Mr Daniels posts either because of his lack of spelling, syntax, grammar and content. Nonetheless, I remember a time in the past when Jute was sucking up to those who he imagined to be big wheels of long standing in RBT. Then it was always "Hi Gene" and " Good one Gene" and "Three bags full Gene". I suppose that Gene must have done something to offend La Jutissimo. Something like offering less than the boot licking reverence that the fragile Jutean ego demands. To mangle W. Churchill's words a little, " The Jute is always at your feet or at your throat."
PH
Old May 13th 13, 10:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 13, 2013 10:03:53 PM UTC+1, John Henderson wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:

Gene has a wicked sense of humour, and you're such an easy

target. I think that's the crux of this whole pointless thread.

John

Absolutely, John. It is an impertinence for scum like Daniels even to speak to me, never mind threaten me. I'm glad you take such a tolerant view of the matter, because you will find what happens to the netbully Daniels next highly amusing. Remember, it was you who said, on the record here, that a sense of humour excuses all excesses; I shall be reminding you of it.

Andre Jute
Ever reasonable, ever agreeable
Old May 13th 13, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 13, 2013 10:11:53 PM UTC+1, wrote:
I gather that the silly little squirt Jute has a vendetta going against Gene Daniels. I don't follow Mr Daniels posts either because of his lack of spelling, syntax, grammar and content. Nonetheless, I remember a time in the past when Jute was sucking up to those who he imagined to be big wheels of long standing in RBT. Then it was always "Hi Gene" and " Good one Gene" and "Three bags full Gene". I suppose that Gene must have done something to offend La Jutissimo. Something like offering less than the boot licking reverence that the fragile Jutean ego demands. To mangle W. Churchill's words a little, " The Jute is always at your feet or at your throat."

PH

Here's Peter Howard, the thief (1), spewing lies...

Who, except this moronic thief, Peter Howard, will believe that I "suck up" to anyone?

Ugh.

Andre Jute

(1) For newbies, Peter Howard is a thief who repeatedly stole my copyright materials. I live by those. It is the same as Howard pickpocketing your wallet with your wages in it.
Old May 13th 13, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 13, 2013 4:09:40 AM UTC+1, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, May 12, 2013 10:06:40 PM UTC-4, gpsman wrote:

On May 12, 2:48*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

I thought it might be amusing to chart the attempts by Gene Daniels aka Datakoll to take over the rec. bicycles.tech newsgroup (RBT).

Only k00ks start threads about other posters...

-----

- gpsman

Or Trolls.

Cheers

Sounds to me like you have trolls on the brain, Ridealot. One doesn't expect you to grasp principles, of course, but trolls are such ugly things, you really want to get another obsession. Girls, boys, shaving your legs really smoothly, whatever your speed is.
Old May 13th 13, 11:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six
external usenet poster

On May 13, 5:14*am, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, May 13, 2013 4:48:43 AM UTC+1, thirty-six wrote:
London Hill is a good gin, Cromwell (from Aldi) is probably the same

stuff, at least as "small batch". * *A good buy if you can get

anything is the old Jamaican Lemon Hart (London address). * The name's

been sold on and the new business is targeting US without the Jamaica

rum. * It's a few years now (maybe 6), the retailer I went to bought

up the last 5 bottles from the wholesaler for me. *Cost me £12ea

about the same as Cockspur, but at least twice the rum. *The old

Lamb's Jamaican is similar, but hasn't the same quality. * *Appleton

VX also had some of the same in it's blend, but it went too light.

Certainly worth it for less than £20. *There doesn't seem to be any

real dunder styles on the mass market and £50 a bottle from Laing's

(or whoever) is generally over my budget (that is due for

reconsideration :-) )

What's "dunker", Trevor?

DUNDER is when the lees from the kettle are put into the wash for
fermentation. It gives a more intense molasses taste (without tang or
burn).

I don't know anything about rum, except the rawish sort that's drunk with mixers by students, navvies and young women with their pinkies in the air,

I was thinking "pinkies" was a euphamistic term for lips (not of face)
then after rereading 3 times recognized the common parlance. You did
mean finger, or not?

but £50 for a bottle of, presumably aged, rum strikes me as pricey; you can get really good single malt scotch for less than that,

From about £28 Been sipping malts (and some blends) for a few years
now, and have been on the lookout for a replacement for the old
(Jamaica) Lemon Heart. Getting bored with the whisky and really
desire that fuller flavour from the dunder rum.

a 75 year old brandy, say Oude Meester from the KWV outside Paarl with maybe enough change for gift wrapping, or several bottles of superb port from Penfold's in Australia, or desert wines from sunny hillsides in Alsace, though maybe not in London, where everything is priced for Saudi tourists. That Maury I mentioned upthread is still only about thirty Euro a bottle, but that stuff carries a premium for extremely limited production; Marks'n'Sparks sell perfectly good Spanish desert wine for under a tenner.

Interesting, what's it named or known as?

Of course, if you're a connoisseur of rum, then nothing but the best will do, and, as you say, you might have to adjust.

Bushmill's was mentioned upthread. A lady for whose book I found a publisher gave me bottle of the single, aged malt made by Bushmill, called Black Bush. I didn't drink Irish whisky and the bottle stood around for twenty years or more until a friend asked if he could taste it. After he exclaimed about the quality, I drank some, and it was like honey, Song of Solomon, stuff of legend. Similarly, I had a case of Jack Daniels that someone sent me as gift stand around around for a quarter-century, but after opening the first bottle it went pretty fast. I used to chill the bottle and drink it for an aperitif, and from an unchilled bottle as a liqueur after dinner.

You should get a bottle of Clontarf. I've had their basic stuff and
it was well balanced and full of flavour. For drinking, it's
probably the best, Irish or otherwise, I've come across. That's
probably after 70 different whiskies.

You know, an innocent, wandering in here, will conclude we're all drunks rather than the truth, that most of us are athletes.

What a peculiar definition of "athlete". Of course, out of mind ,body
and spirit it is the latter which genuinely defines us. No ice!
Old May 14th 13, 12:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six
external usenet poster

On May 13, 11:53*pm, sms wrote:
On 5/12/2013 11:48 AM, Andre Jute wrote:

Does anyone _not_ have him filtered out. Tough to take over a group when
no one even sees your posts.

there's no point in me even answering