BS

Old May 31st 13, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
davethedave[_2_]

Default On the reliability Google's count of the popularity of posts

On Fri, 31 May 2013 09:56:43 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

On Friday, May 31, 2013 4:46:07 PM UTC+1, davethedave wrote:
On Fri, 31 May 2013 16:44:25 +1000, James wrote:

a tornado cell appears as a white/purple dot. ckick on dot to
watch.

also poss use online radio finding the station ahead.

stations go off air.

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

Now that's the stuff! My very first favortie web site featured a
feed

from the GOES West satellite - updated hourly.

We got big rains coming tonight...

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/natio...sat.loop.shtml

Three can play at that game.

http://www.sat24.com/en/tu

Looks fine to me here.

Ooh, I like the lightning that you can switch on bottom right of your
map -- when it strikes elsewhere, I mean. One of my pedalpals worries
about lightning but we rarely see any. In fact, we're more likely to be
caught in a stinging hailstorm.

We do get epic lightning but the lightning is pretty much done for this
year. If I see a cloud in the next 3 months I'll get all excited and jump
up and down and stuff.

You are more likely to be hit by a drunk driver than lightning in your
neck of the woods. Even that's pretty unlikely.

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

--
davethedave
Old May 31st 13, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

wrote:

On 31/05/13 16:31, Dan O wrote:

On May 30, 3:07 pm, datakoll wrote:

On Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:00:22 PM UTC-4, datakoll wrote:

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/

a tornado cell appears as a white/purple dot. ckick on dot to watch.

also poss use online radio finding the station ahead.

stations go off air.

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

Now that's the stuff! *My very first favortie web site featured a feed

from the GOES West satellite - updated hourly.

We got big rains coming tonight...

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/natio...sat.loop.shtml

Not raining in Alice Springs and I hear that traffic is real light

there too.

Most reliable thing about the BBC these days is the weather forecasting.. Fill in your own town athttp://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/andget a reliable weather report.

I'm better looking out the window, observing the clouds and sniffing
the air. * It gives me up to the minute information and feel which
when referenced to experience of 40+ years give me complete accuracy
in prediction up to around 6 hours. * For my home location I have been
able to predict the time of the start of rainfall, it's rate of fall,
its probable duration and it's actual duration when within 3 hours of
ending and variation in temperatures for at least 12 hours. * I don't
require magic, theatre or props for this, or any waving of hands. * I
found it amusing that I was able to walk about at the market in
January in sandals (no socks), cords and a cardigan while onlooked by
"aliens in their space suits", boots and helmets. * *Maybe they all
trusted the BBC before sticking their finger outside.

Yeah, but an added view from 20,000 miles above doesn't hurt, and
looks pretty cool.

When I first got internet and found that GOES imagery, I liked it so
much I made it my web browser's start page. There was no effort
whatsoever involved in occasional viewing; I was using the web browser
for various things anyway, and every time I started it up, there it
was in front of me.

After a while of this I began to notice that when I did step out on
the porch and look to the west, I was never surprised.
Old May 31st 13, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default The real reason Gene Daniels aka datakoll wants to drive out

no content
Old June 1st 13, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Another tautological confession by Gene Daniels aka Datakoll: hisposts offer "no content"

On Friday, May 31, 2013 10:57:22 PM UTC+1, datakoll wrote:
no content

Yes, Daniels, we know your posts have no content. That's why RBTers call them "incomprehensible", "worthless", and so on. You don't have to keep telling us your posts have no content.
Old June 1st 13, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

wrote:

On 31/05/13 16:31, Dan O wrote:
On May 30, 3:07 pm, datakoll wrote:
On Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:00:22 PM UTC-4, datakoll wrote:
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/

a tornado cell appears as a white/purple dot. ckick on dot to watch.

also poss use online radio finding the station ahead.

stations go off air.

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

Now that's the stuff! My very first favortie web site featured a feed
from the GOES West satellite - updated hourly.

We got big rains coming tonight...

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/natio...sat.loop.shtml

Not raining in Alice Springs and I hear that traffic is real light
there too.

It's a big country.

It rained all night here, and is still raining now.

--
JS

Old June 1st 13, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

doahn move...the Zombies will be in a week.
Old June 1st 13, 01:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sat, 1 Jun 2013 00:04:15 +0300, davethedave
wrote:

[...]

According to the Wiki an average 51 people a year die due to
lightening strikes.... and 677 died in bicycle accidents during 2011
according to bicycleinfo.org :-)

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old June 1st 13, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

=

http://www.streetsblog.org/

Old June 1st 13, 12:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

OK measures dew !

http://www.mesonet.org/index.php/wea...ent_conditions

prob AUS has a spider snake scale ?