needed: simple gearing for simple minds

Old March 19th 15, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default needed: simple gearing for simple minds

On 3/19/2015 11:43 AM, Duane wrote:
On 19/03/2015 12:08 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/19/2015 10:48 AM, Duane wrote:
On 19/03/2015 10:24 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 8:34:33 AM UTC-4, AMuzi
wrote:
They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to
understand all that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Sounds like all those engineering friends of Frank's.

To think these are tthe movers and shakers of the U.S.A.

Personally I'd prefer my movers and shakers to be on bikes.

Does Harper ride?

Don't know but Boris does.

I was asking SRA. He comes from a city where his previous
mayor wanted to kill cyclists on site. Though that was
probably partially a delusion from a crack dream. In Canada
we have cabinet members that seem to think that the
Flintstones was historically accurate and then there's
Steven Harper.

Who's Boris?

Boris Johnson, London's cycling mayor.
He's not perfect but he's not Red Ken and he really does ride.

http://www.globalcool.org/wp-content...1-1024x769.jpg

Old March 19th 15, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joe Riel

wrote:
[...]

Nice light.

--
Joe Riel
Old March 19th 15, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
[...]

Joerg will find something wrong with it.

Old March 19th 15, 07:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 5:34:33 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to
understand all that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

OTOH, could you go in to a Swiss shop and describe your problem to the mechanic in French? My French would get me to the bathroom or a cup of espresso, but that's about it.

"Monsieur, mon derailleur est all f***** up! Fixez-vous?"

-- Jay Beattie.

Old March 19th 15, 07:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/19/2015 2:08 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 5:34:33 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to
understand all that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

OTOH, could you go in to a Swiss shop and describe your problem to the mechanic in French? My French would get me to the bathroom or a cup of espresso, but that's about it.

"Monsieur, mon derailleur est all f***** up! Fixez-vous?"

-- Jay Beattie.

I'm reminded of a traveler's account I read of some
backwater where the room had a plumbing problem. Using the
local phrasebook, she managed 'devil in toilet', to great
effect.

(which makes one wonder how backward it could possibly be
without a walk in the dark to the toilet)

Old March 19th 15, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 7:08:34 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 5:34:33 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to
understand all that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

OTOH, could you go in to a Swiss shop and describe your problem to the mechanic in French? My French would get me to the bathroom or a cup of espresso, but that's about it.

"Monsieur, mon derailleur est all f***** up! Fixez-vous?"

-- Jay Beattie.

The French have U and non-U accents just like the British. Unless you can speak French with a 16th arondissment accent, better to shout loudly in English. The French will understand that you don't want to insult their wonderful language with your less than perfect pronunciation.

Andre Jute
Old March 19th 15, 07:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 19/03/2015 3:08 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 5:34:33 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to
understand all that?

http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...318-story.html

OTOH, could you go in to a Swiss shop and describe your problem to the mechanic in French? My French would get me to the bathroom or a cup of espresso, but that's about it.

"Monsieur, mon derailleur est all f***** up! Fixez-vous?"

In Quebec that would translate to:

Monsieur, mon derailleur est toute ****é. So you'd be close.

Old March 19th 15, 07:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

AMuzi wrote:
:They have TWO adjustment screws! How's a guy supposed to
:understand all that?

I had a bike shop adjust a seat while I was riding a couple years
ago. I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself, of course, but it was
a rental bike; there was a bike shop right there, with a repair stand
outside, and a mechanic lounging in a lawn chair; and it gave me an
excuse to refill my water bottle and buy a food like substance.

--
sig 20
Old March 19th 15, 08:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

there's song ?

http://goo.gl/mOEki4

something abt Breznyhev Molotov Krushchev frogs witjout men ?
Old March 19th 15, 08:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 4:02:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:
there's song ?

http://goo.gl/mOEki4

something abt Breznyhev Molotov Krushchev frogs witjout men ?

tulossa tänne miellyttää minua , että minulla onvakava keskusteluryhmä

Simple Simon Judith[_4_] UK 196 June 5th 12 09:37 AM
Are all MPs this simple? burtthebike UK 17 July 31st 08 02:43 AM
MPs simple? burtthebike UK 3 July 27th 08 07:06 PM
One Simple Question Carmine Clamenza Racing 27 July 3rd 07 04:06 PM
Simple pleasures BB Mountain Biking 4 May 31st 04 11:12 PM