Sweat Rags?

Old March 27th 15, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Sweat Rags?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GniNeqSX5U
Old March 27th 15, 12:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 20:49:08 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per David Scheidt:
a PVA towel.

Looks like an auto parts staple: http://tinyurl.com/or9fxya

Has anybody actually used one?

I have tried a couple of specialty towels, but they don't glide over the
skin.. they hang up instead.... sounds trivial, but for one-handed
operation a certain "feel" is needed or it just crumbles up when I try
to wipe.

Home Depot has something called "100 Towels" but, in their infinite
wisdom, do not tell anything about composition or reusability.

"Good Morning Towels" are probably the best. That, by the way, is the
proper name and you can google on it for more information. Small,
about 12" x 27", after being washed a few times. Thin "towel" material
and cheap.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old March 28th 15, 05:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 17:14:04 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Has anybody found anything better than terrycloth - which I find kind of
bulky to carry in a back pocket at the gym.

I tear eighteen-inch squares out of worn-out all-cotton pillow cases.

Tied one of them around my ankle, once, when I'd forgotten my wallet
and lost a safety pin.

Dried my feet with another when I had to take my shoes off because
Sunset Street was under Pike Lake. The flood was clean, but I picked
up sand getting to a place where I could sit down to put my shoes back
on, so I was *really* glad that I had a towel.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/

Sweat is a bad sign? RichD Racing 34 March 18th 13 04:20 AM
recycling rags? Ablang Techniques 15 July 3rd 08 04:10 AM
Sweat Not Responding UK 12 September 16th 05 03:07 PM
no sweat 1oki General 23 May 13th 05 11:20 PM
Rags to Riches, Dotsie Cowden Sierraman Racing 9 September 11th 04 11:21 PM