It's ok to drive over a cyclist if you have the sun in your eyes.

Old October 18th 16, 09:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default It's ok to drive over a cyclist if you have the sun in your eyes.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cyclist-ki...18-gs4sk8.html

--
JS
Old October 18th 16, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
W. Wesley Groleau

On 10-18-2016 03:52, James wrote:
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cyclist-ki...18-gs4sk8.html

"At this stage there is nothing that we're aware of that contributed
directly to the accident from the driver's driving," Superintendent
Dzevlan said.

Yeah, right. It was the cyclist's fault for
being on that side of the road before ten AM.

--
Wes Groleau
Old October 18th 16, 09:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Benderthe.evilrobot

"W. Wesley Groleau" wrote in message
On 10-18-2016 03:52, James wrote:
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cyclist-ki...18-gs4sk8.html

"At this stage there is nothing that we're aware of that contributed
directly to the accident from the driver's driving," Superintendent
Dzevlan said.

Yeah, right. It was the cyclist's fault for
being on that side of the road before ten AM.

I was just nearly wiped out by a van while going over a pedestrian crossing.

If I'd been a pedestrian - I wouldn't have had lights, and it wouldn't have
been so easy to accelerate out the way.............................

In short........................If I'd been a pedestrian; I'd be dead right
now.

Old October 18th 16, 11:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 9:52:16 AM UTC+1, James wrote:
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cyclist-ki...18-gs4sk8.html

--
JS

A car is a lethal blunt instrument. Drivers who wield it when they can't see the road or other road users are negligent and/or reckless. There's an Australian law about it. There's a law about it everywhere, I should think.

The spokesmen for the police, Lake Illawarra Commander Superintendent Zoran Dzevlan, is disgracefully implying that a cyclist is a lesser road user, with fewer rights, than a motorist. The test of whether I'm right and Dzevlan is wrong is simple: If the driver who killed a cyclist caused a two-car accident in which another driver died because "the sun was in my eyes", he would be charged even under Dzevlan's slack administration.

Andre Jute
One law for everyone!
Old October 18th 16, 11:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 1:52:16 AM UTC-7, James wrote:
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cyclist-ki...18-gs4sk8.html

--
JS

Today I went out and did a 30 mile ride with 2200 feet of climbing with a max climb over 12%. It had rained for the last three days so the air was very clear. The effect of this was that the shadows were EXTREMELY deep so I simply could not see anything on the road as I went from sunlight to simple tree leaf shadows.

Luckily nothing knocked out a tire but I did run over weird things that made me stop and check my pockets to make sure that I still had my phone, wallet and home keys.

If I drive my car the same way most cyclist ride - I would be bannedfor driving Rot in Hell Evan Chandler UK 15 September 15th 12 10:43 AM
Plod drive into cyclist Jason[_7_] UK 4 August 24th 12 11:16 PM
installing an old speedo cable drive on a rear wheel for prop drive meb[_94_] Techniques 0 April 22nd 08 01:24 PM
installing an old speedo cable drive on a rear wheel for prop drive meb[_92_] Techniques 1 April 20th 08 11:48 AM
Contrary patterns: drive, radial; non drive, 2x. Luke Techniques 13 September 3rd 07 03:42 PM