Feeding the Trolls?

Old December 24th 16, 05:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Default Feeding the Trolls?

Releaf

The southwest

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2010/08/01.../01Biking.html
Old December 24th 16, 06:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 22:10:46 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 12/23/2016 7:31 PM, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 14:57:51 -0800 (PST), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

With so many threads here being started or hijacked by Trolls I've often wondered why so many others persist in feeding the troll/ Why do you feed a Troll?

Cheers

I think that there are probably two major reasons.

(1) a deluded attempt to change the Troll's opinion or way of
thinking, or

(2) a method of demonstrating the author's brilliant thinking in his
rebuttal to the Troll's assertion.

In some cases, the responses are not intended for the trolls reading, so
much as for others. We've seen that fake news gets readily accepted by
many people. If unchallenged, its acceptance would be even higher.

Yes. I have posted technical corrections from time to time in an
attempt to clarify something or provide a corrected statement. The
interesting thing is that if one posts something like "Nope. the
thread on that side is left hand and the one on the other is right
hand", someone usually tries to argue :-)

Admittedly, some of our trolls are so off the wall (not to mention foul
and abusive) that few would believe them, so response really isn't
necessary.

Yes that is a bit upsetting but when you consider that it is almost
always a response to an argument that they cannot logically,
technically or politically correctly rebut it is so evident that it is
simply the last feeble resort of ignorance to justify their own
viewpoint.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old December 24th 16, 12:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 23/12/16 22:57, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
With so many threads here being started or hijacked by Trolls I've
often wondered why so many others persist in feeding the troll/ Why
do you feed a Troll?

Trolls lead a very solitary existence, finding it hard to integrate, and
are often starved. I run a charity 'Feed The Trolls'[1] to make sure
that they are looked after and fed regularly. If you would like to
contact me for donations please do so.

[1] We are about to commission a Christmas single entitled "Do They Know
It's Christmas Time?"...

Old December 24th 16, 02:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll
Old December 24th 16, 11:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 10:57:53 PM UTC, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
With so many threads here being started or hijacked by Trolls I've often wondered why so many others persist in feeding the troll/ Why do you feed a Troll?

Cheers

If you define anyone who disagrees with you as a troll, you'll soon be able cover your province in Canada in trolls, three or four deep. Happy trolling.

Andre Jute
Charisma is the art of infuriating railroad minds by just lounging elegantly
Old December 25th 16, 01:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 11:04:25 +0000, Tosspot
wrote:

On 23/12/16 22:57, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
With so many threads here being started or hijacked by Trolls I've
often wondered why so many others persist in feeding the troll/ Why
do you feed a Troll?

Trolls lead a very solitary existence, finding it hard to integrate, and
are often starved. I run a charity 'Feed The Trolls'[1] to make sure
that they are looked after and fed regularly. If you would like to
contact me for donations please do so.

[1] We are about to commission a Christmas single entitled "Do They Know
It's Christmas Time?"...

Of course they know it is Christmas, anyone would. The big sale at the
Mall should let anyone in on the secret.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old December 25th 16, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 2:21:20 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 10:57:53 PM UTC, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
With so many threads here being started or hijacked by Trolls I've often wondered why so many others persist in feeding the troll/ Why do you feed a Troll?

Cheers

If you define anyone who disagrees with you as a troll, you'll soon be able cover your province in Canada in trolls, three or four deep. Happy trolling.

Andre Jute
Charisma is the art of infuriating railroad minds by just lounging elegantly

Can you imagine him talking about trolls? Of course he might have been just brushing his teeth if he has any and happened to look in the mirror.
Old December 25th 16, 02:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/jma/wpac/h5-loop-jsl.html

JSL is humoring
Old December 26th 16, 10:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gregory Sutter

On 2016-12-24, DougC wrote:

Mainly I stay because there's no moderation.
It's much preferable to the opposite--either done poorly, or even well.

Hear, hear. Let the users decide. Individual killfiles are
plenty effective in a group this size.

P.S.: your tire work is fascinating. Thanks for continuing to
update us.

--
Gregory S. Sutter Mostly Harmless

http://zer0.org/~gsutter/