Habanero?

Old January 25th 17, 01:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default Habanero?

On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 17:35:32 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
On 1/24/2017 4:15 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 8:34:36 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski
wrote:
On 1/24/2017 12:09 AM, Doug Landau wrote:
On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 3:34:45 AM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE
RESEARCH wrote:
http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/...nero_3066.html

Thanks that was a great article.

Interesting points in the paragraph about Chinese manufacture (just
below the photo of the tandem).

"Trade is the one thing in this crazy world that incentivizes
countries to play nice..." and "Those new middle-class [Chinese]
consumers are now customers for American entrepreneurs..."

Obviously, people disagree on these things; but Mark's views don't
seem to be at the forefront just now.

Yes, we understand, you just can't stand reality where the majority
are more important than the minority.

Sheesh, Tom, I didn't state a position one way or the other. Get a
grip!

Yes, he should. Especially given that he is already in at least two
minorities (white people- worldwide but coming soon to America- and
conservatives...). The reason that we have a republic is to not have to
live under mob rule and strongmen. Ironic that the "conservatives"
voted for a classic dictator-style "leader."
Old January 25th 17, 06:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

The economy n social structure for 'conservative areas' is feudal.

Power is conserved at the top.
Old January 25th 17, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 2:58:28 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 9:47:27 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 1:46:57 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
Haven't seen a post from Mark Hickey in a long time.

Is Habanero still a good choice for a Ti roadbike?

Looks like the price has gone up, 995 now

http://www.habcycles.com/cross.html

Y'all won't believe this but now that I've freshened up a beautiful old Fuji for rain, ... ... well, ... the brakes simply do not work in the rain..

Sheldon said that aero levers have much greater mechanical advantage, and it would be interesting to see if those would help. I also have a pair of modolo morpheus brifters I was thinking about putting on. Would have to check the throw to see if - on 7speed setting - it will line up with the six speed freewheel that's on there now. IIRC they were both shimano and campy compatible, I guess either their 7 speed cog spacing are the same, or the modolos have a fine adjustment.
The bike already has barcons which I like. OTOH the reviews say the modolos are good brake levers but not good shifters, so maybe just use them as brake levers.

This thing doesn't have discs and is not a 56 and is not in my town anyway:
https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/5932788362.html

Is it a sloping top tube or just the way the pic makes it look?

A Habanero disc brake cross bike. Just need to find one in pristine condition on CL for $750.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Barry...ecap_4284.html

They probably don't make them in your size: 46 cm.

Habanero ? kolldata Techniques 7 February 7th 11 12:07 AM
Built the Habanero [email protected] General 15 October 5th 07 08:36 AM
For sale: Habanero Ti mt bike [email protected] Marketplace 19 July 12th 06 01:19 PM
Help me fix Habanero mt bike? [email protected] Techniques 50 September 9th 04 07:32 AM
Help me fix Habanero mt bike? [email protected] Mountain Biking 10 August 27th 04 08:09 PM