We survived

Old January 25th 17, 12:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default We survived

I went for a ride this morning. About 70km, and relatively slow with a
guy who is recovering from damaged knees. We rode on a highway for
about 20km, and then along a minor road that has numerous wooden
bridges. We turned around when my companion had reached the 30km point
for him. Two of the bridges have timber boards running the length of
the deck, with gaps easily wide enough to have a road bike tyre drop in.
As we crossed them both in each direction, that's 4 crossings of pick
a plank bridges. I also dodged a couple of wallabies that were grazing
on the side of the road and became startled when I approached. We were
passed by numerous cars and trucks.

Neither of us died. Neither of us had flying rocks battering our shins
bloody, nor sharp rocks ripping the thin sidewalls of our light road
tyres. I rode over some broken glass, but didn't get a puncture.
Neither of us bonked, so glucose tablets were not needed. Neither of us
broke a chain, so we didn't need my chain tool. We didn't need my spoke
key, or any other part of my multi tool for that matter.

Our ride was quite uneventful. I must be doing something wrong.

--
JS
Old January 25th 17, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 4:22:28 PM UTC-8, James wrote:
[...]

The wallaby cannot swim. To cross a river, it takes a deep breath and walks across the bottom. Or so I'm told. Tom?
Old January 25th 17, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

James wrote:
[...]

Yeah but do you do that routinely?

--
duane
Old January 25th 17, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-01-24 16:50, Doug Landau wrote:
[...]

A better method was what brother Sylvest did. He needed to go to Italy
so he drank the water in the ocean and then walked.

http://www.irish-folk-songs.com/big-...ar-chords.html

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old January 25th 17, 01:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

[...]

How do you know that you did not die? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxYtwZUKn5I

-- Jay Beattie.
Old January 25th 17, 01:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 12:22:28 AM UTC, James wrote:
[...]

You're clearly not trying hard enough, James. All those wasted opportunities to take the lead from Joerg!

Andre Jute
If you aren't frightened ****less, you aren't driving fast enough -- Mario Andretti
Old January 25th 17, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 11:22:23 +1100, James
wrote:
I went for a ride this morning. [snip]

Our ride was quite uneventful. I must be doing something wrong.

:-)
Old January 25th 17, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 1/24/2017 7:22 PM, James wrote:
[...]

Nice! Sounds like all my rides - although yours was probably faster.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 25th 17, 07:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

http://epa.ohio.gov/Portals/42/docum...20timeline.pdf
Old January 25th 17, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 11:29:24 AM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
http://epa.ohio.gov/Portals/42/docum...20timeline.pdf

1913
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index..._put_floo.html