We survived

Old January 27th 17, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default We survived

Frank Krygowski writes:

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 4:53:17 PM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 11:29:24 AM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
http://epa.ohio.gov/Portals/42/docum...20timeline.pdf

1913
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index..._put_floo.html

Events like this are easily forgotten. Here's another one that should be
more famous:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_..._Flood_of_1927
Truly horrendous, yet now nearly forgotten.

Not by one of our national jesters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGs2iLoDUYE

Aaron Neville does a killer cover.

Old January 29th 17, 11:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 25/01/17 11:50, Doug Landau wrote:
On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 4:22:28 PM UTC-8, James wrote:
I went for a ride this morning. About 70km, and relatively slow with a
guy who is recovering from damaged knees. We rode on a highway for
about 20km, and then along a minor road that has numerous wooden
bridges. We turned around when my companion had reached the 30km point
for him. Two of the bridges have timber boards running the length of
the deck, with gaps easily wide enough to have a road bike tyre drop in.
As we crossed them both in each direction, that's 4 crossings of pick
a plank bridges. I also dodged a couple of wallabies that were grazing
on the side of the road and became startled when I approached. We were
passed by numerous cars and trucks.

Neither of us died. Neither of us had flying rocks battering our shins
bloody, nor sharp rocks ripping the thin sidewalls of our light road
tyres. I rode over some broken glass, but didn't get a puncture.
Neither of us bonked, so glucose tablets were not needed. Neither of us
broke a chain, so we didn't need my chain tool. We didn't need my spoke
key, or any other part of my multi tool for that matter.

Our ride was quite uneventful. I must be doing something wrong.

--
JS

The wallaby cannot swim. To cross a river, it takes a deep breath and walks across the bottom. Or so I'm told. Tom?

I've watched kangaroos swim across rivers without issue. I'd wager
wallabies are similarly gifted.

--
JS
Old January 29th 17, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 25/01/17 11:52, Duane wrote:
James wrote:
[...]

Yeah but do you do that routinely?

Go for a ride and not have something nasty happen? Yes.

--
JS.
Old January 29th 17, 11:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 25/01/17 12:09, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

How do you know that you did not die? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxYtwZUKn5I

Well, perhaps my wife can see dead people.

--
JS

Old January 30th 17, 01:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 29/01/2017 6:36 PM, James wrote:
On 25/01/17 11:52, Duane wrote:
James wrote:
[...]

I know. I was joking about Joerg's interpretation of the word routinely.
Old January 31st 17, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 25/01/17 11:52, Duane wrote:
James wrote:
[...]

Ah. I have ceased to keep up with Joerg's fantasies.

--
JS
Old January 31st 17, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 11:36:57 PM UTC, James wrote:
On 25/01/17 11:52, Duane wrote:
James wrote:
[...]

The weather has been so miserable here, I'd be delighted to go for even a dull, boring, uneventful ride, no accidents, incidents or schadenfreude moments required.

Andre Jute
Exercise and fresh air is its own imperative
Old January 31st 17, 08:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 25/01/17 11:52, Duane wrote:
James wrote:
[...]

We have another week of rain starting tomorrow evening. Predictions are yet another 3" of rain in the bay area and much more inland. And the Santa Cruz mountains are about to be washed away for the 109th time this year. While we were getting 1.5" they were getting 16".
Old January 31st 17, 08:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 25/01/17 11:52, Duane wrote:
James wrote:
[...]

Manifestation of your drought caused by global warming.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/