Tecnotrat bicycle ???

Old February 20th 17, 08:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Tecnotrat bicycle ???

On Sunday, December 2, 2001 at 1:11:56 PM UTC-8, system administration wrote:
Hi there,
I just bought a secondhand road bike. I have never heard of the name ,
which is tecnotrat. it's equipped with shimano 105 excluding cranks which
are shimano 600.handle bars and seat is by cinelli , stem is from mavic.
Rims are aero dynamic ambrosio clincher. there are some other words, but I
can't make them out......
There's a sticker on the seat tube, says Tecnotrat italy. superlight
tubing , 0.8mm carbon manganese C-18. The frame has some rust and scratches.
none too bad I suppose. should I continue using the frame or should I
consider buying a new one.
could anyone give me some clues to what this bike is all about? how much
was it worth new, how does it fare among other bikes in it's group. did a
google search but got nothin....

thanks

\\\|///
\\ _ _//
(@ @)
---oOOo-(_)-oOOo------------------
AHMAD NADIR ASKANDAR
------------------Oooo-------------------
oooO ( )
( ) ) /
\ ( (_/
\_)

Whatever you wish for me,
May you have twice as much

Most commonly known as a Seronni circa mid-80's Fairly good steel bike.
Old February 20th 17, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 3:47:57 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Also known as resurrecting a zombie thred since the OP was made jusy over 15 years ago in December of 2001. Ionder ifthe OP even has the bicycle any more.

At least this is bicycling related unlike the many recent political threads/rants.

Cheers
Old February 20th 17, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 12:57:04 PM UTC-8, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Saronni? I bought one for $150 on CL. Loved it. Took me months before I could take my hands off the bars, tho. And the riding position felt like standing up. Turned very fast. LBS said it's a crit bike. Do your bikes have the same heart-shape holes filed into the lugs?
Old February 27th 17, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/6020438938.html
Old February 27th 17, 09:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 9:52:25 AM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
[...]

If you have any idea of east San Jose you'd know that was probably someone's prize street bikes in someplace like Hollywood.
Old February 27th 17, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 1:17:22 PM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

Hey, maybe it fell off the back of a truck.
Old February 28th 17, 12:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

[...]

Hollywood in 1982 maybe, and a third-string Italiano prize street bike. That looks like the crappy no-name tube version rather than the upscale, fade paint-job Columbus tube version that looked like every other second-tier Italiano bike of the time.

BTW, there are some really expensive places in East San Jose. It's not all barrio. https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...34_rect/15_zm/ Modest place. Buy it in Portland and save $1M, but then again, you're in Portland. Get it in Tulsa for $39K.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old February 28th 17, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 4:45:41 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Jay - these were NEVER an upscale bike. They were a good medium scale bike that paid a good rider to use his name. I just sold a German made "Campus". This was a good bike on the scale of a Schwinn Paramount. A little heavier than the best but good design and good riding.
Old February 28th 17, 08:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 11:04:28 AM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

IIRC, the Seronni came in various grades. There was also a Colnago Seronni which was a whole other animal. But, I read somewhere that the top of the line Seronni brand bike was a re-badged Colnago. The two met at some point..

With that said, Colnago steel frames of the era were nothing to write home about either. That brand went sliding down the drain when they were being sold through Bikewarehouse nka Nashbar. http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/catalog...e-80/BW31.html There was one point in probably 1981-2 that they were clearing them out for $250-300, but I might be hallucinating about that. It might have been Bikecology. Both carried Colnago. http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/Sp...tml?sort=2&o=2

-- Jay Beattie.

Old March 1st 17, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

[...]

Tom what say you about this paramount
https://monterey.craigslist.org/bik/6020797260.html