Bontrager Racelite tires: Opinions?

Old June 13th 05, 10:20 PM

Default Bontrager Racelite tires: Opinions?

I don't see many comments about these on the web, although
the few that I did find were not that good. But maybe those
only applied to the hardcase version. Has anyone here tried
them?

http://www.chucksbikes.com/store/tires.htm

Thanks

Old June 13th 05, 10:31 PM
Bill Sornson

wrote:
I don't see many comments about these on the web, although
the few that I did find were not that good. But maybe those
only applied to the hardcase version. Has anyone here tried
them?

http://www.chucksbikes.com/store/tires.htm

My bike came stock with Racelite tires, but they were black walls and
folding. I liked 'em, and would buy more in future (usually available for ~
$20 apiece).

Not sure about the green wire-bead version, but for $8.50 each what the
heck?

Bill S.

Old June 14th 05, 04:03 PM
Mike DeMicco

In article .com,
wrote:

I don't see many comments about these on the web, although
the few that I did find were not that good. But maybe those
only applied to the hardcase version. Has anyone here tried
them?

http://www.chucksbikes.com/store/tires.htm

I had the black folding ones on my Trek. They had a short tread life
(1000 mi. on the rear) and the tire fit loosely on the rim. Personally,
I would buy Continental Ultra 2000's at Supergo for ~$15 ea. I got 3500
miles out of one of those when mounted on the back.

--
Mike DeMicco