Buyer beware!

Old February 27th 04, 11:57 AM
Scott Hendricks

Default Buyer beware!

Don't know if he ever sells on this newsgroup, but since many of the
folks who trade here also trade on Ebay, I thought I'd pass this
along.

I spotted a Dean frame for sale (
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3663063702 ) and
decided to ask the seller if he was the original owner.

His response: "YES, I am the original owner. The frame was built for
me last year. It is 1 of 10 DEAN built for our team."

Funny thing, in his 'ratings' you can see where the guy who sold it to
him posted a review.

Funnier still, I sold it to the guy who sold it to him. It just so
happens that the seller is right, it was 1 of 10 built for a sponsored
team last year. But, it was built for me, not him.

Beware of 'bicyclestreet' on Ebay. His email:

I'm not sure I'd trust much of what he had to say in a description of
any item he's selling.

Scott
Old February 27th 04, 03:13 PM
Brian P

No offense, but i think it is kind of unfare to post a "buyer beware" flag
on this guy when he has 100% positive feedback with 25 transactions.

om...

Old February 27th 04, 08:31 PM
Scott Hendricks

"Brian P" wrote in message ...
[...]

Oh, so because 25 people before me were satisfied, that means that he
gets a pass on deliberately trying to mislead me?

FYI, I emailed the seller prior to posting my message here. His
response? 'You got me!'

I am being more than fair.