Shimano 10speed cog spacers

Old February 6th 04, 02:07 AM
Peter Vesel

Default Shimano 10speed cog spacers

Does anybody know where I can buy 10speed shimano cassette spacers. I am
looking to get a hold of 9 of them

thanks,
Peter

Old February 6th 04, 02:45 AM
Paul Kopit

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:07:31 GMT, "Peter Vesel"
wrote:

Does anybody know where I can buy 10speed shimano cassette spacers. I am
looking to get a hold of 9 of them

thanks,
Peter

Your local shop can get 0.3 mm and 2.0 mm freewheel spacers from
Wheels. Be prepared for sticker shock on the 0.3 mm ones. If you are
thinking of using 9sp cogs to make a 10 sp one, it won't work. Buy an
American Classic 10 sp cassette.
Old February 6th 04, 03:48 AM
Peter Vesel

news
wrote:
Your local shop can get 0.3 mm and 2.0 mm freewheel spacers from
Wheels. Be prepared for sticker shock on the 0.3 mm ones. If you are
thinking of using 9sp cogs to make a 10 sp one, it won't work. Buy an
American Classic 10 sp cassette.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I have seen some places selling the
spacers for $13 each but this is a bit expensive.

Peter

Old February 6th 04, 02:11 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Peter- Does anybody know where I can buy 10speed shimano cassette spacers. I
am
looking to get a hold of 9 of them BRBR

Since the 10s cogset has only been introduced a couple of months ago, I'm sure
they aren't available yet. Also sure no DA 10s cogsets are trashed quite yet to
provide spacers from the LBS box of trashed stuff.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old February 7th 04, 12:55 AM
Peter Vesel

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in message
Peter- Does anybody know where I can buy 10speed shimano cassette

spacers. I
am
looking to get a hold of 9 of them BRBR

Since the 10s cogset has only been introduced a couple of months ago, I'm

sure
they aren't available yet. Also sure no DA 10s cogsets are trashed quite

yet to
provide spacers from the LBS box of trashed stuff.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

That's pretty much what I expected. I thought that the shimano 9 speed cogs
mated with 10 speed shimano spacers would give almost perfect campag 10
speed spacing.
However I didn't want to outlay too much money to try this. I just have to
wait until more people go for shimano 10speed

peter