Winter is comming... what to do

Old October 12th 05, 12:03 PM
Klaas Bil

Default Winter is comming... what to do

Klaas Bil wrote:
I pull the trouser legs up to above the knee, then don the 661 4x4's.
It's best seen in the top picture on
http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/snow.htm

Redoing that as a link:

--
Klaas Bil
Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442

Old October 12th 05, 05:06 PM
lleberg

I'm worrying about my tyres the most (yes, i have many unicycles ),
have heard of the maxxis Creepy Crawler cracking when ridden in cold
conditions.. Do they?
Are all the sticky tyres the same? Will my Kenda Kinetics on my onza
muni crack?

We'll have -25C (-13F) many days this winter, and some days reacing
down to -30C (-22F), and colder than -35C many at night around NYE...

Will this be a problem?

--
lleberg

I 3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

Old October 12th 05, 05:28 PM
theotherguy

Klaas Bil wrote:
Redoing that as a link:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/snow.htm

i checked out that 'gallery' and i scrolled down it. but i hit the
seventh picture and it was like BANG!!!! right in my face! your head
just popped out of nowhere, all zoomed in on the camera
(p.s. im not insulting you)

--
theotherguy

can i have §100 please?

theotherguy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10761

Old October 12th 05, 07:13 PM
burjzyntski

Snow?

I'm happy if it gets down to 50°F. It's just a comfortable temperature
for sports.

--
burjzyntski

It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

"Every silver lining has a touch of gray."
burjzyntski's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10188

Old October 13th 05, 03:33 AM
siafirede

lleberg wrote:
I'm worrying about my tyres the most (yes, i have many unicycles ),
have heard of the maxxis Creepy Crawler cracking when ridden in cold
conditions.. Do they?
Are all the sticky tyres the same? Will my Kenda Kinetics on my onza
muni crack?

We'll have -25C (-13F) many days this winter, and some days reacing
down to -30C (-22F), and colder than -35C many at night around NYE...

Will this be a problem?

I dont think the creepy crawlers crack...I got my new KH trials uni for
xmas last winter and rode it a lot in the freezing cold and I didnt
hear any cracking. I never rode it in much snow though, just in
freezing weather.

--
siafirede
siafirede's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6057

Old October 13th 05, 08:14 AM
Klaas Bil

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:28:21 -0500, theotherguy wrote:

i checked out that 'gallery' and i scrolled down it. but i hit the
seventh picture and it was like BANG!!!! right in my face! your head
just popped out of nowhere, all zoomed in on the camera
(p.s. im not insulting you)

That series of pics was made by an unknown-to-me landscape
photographer who just spotted me. I don't know why he included that
close-up, probably with the purpose to scare you. :-)

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it, dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it, *dit* diddle dit dit *dit* diddle dit dit, diddle-diddle-diddle-diddle-dit dit diddle diddle dit dit did-it,... - Spudman"

Old October 14th 05, 12:42 AM
evil-nick

My duro leopard hasn't cracked, and that was in -30F to -40F weather.
I'm looking forward to winter... snow doesn't hurt much when you
fall... though ice sucks... Which is why the good Lord invented elbow
pads and helmets

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

Old October 14th 05, 03:27 AM
unijesse

lleberg wrote:
I'm worrying about my tyres the most (yes, i have many unicycles ),
have heard of the maxxis Creepy Crawler cracking when ridden in cold
conditions.. Do they?
Are all the sticky tyres the same? Will my Kenda Kinetics on my onza
muni crack?

We'll have -25C (-13F) many days this winter, and some days reacing
down to -30C (-22F), and colder than -35C many at night around NYE...

Will this be a problem?

wut about pitting on a tire thats got dry rot all around it (its been
sitting outdside on my bmx for a few years)will it pop?

--
unijesse

"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down, this should be the best day
of my life."-Bart Simpson
unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

Old October 14th 05, 03:39 AM
unijesse

abbabibble wrote:
and i can't wait to get on the snow chain and/or studded tire.

were can u get them