1997 Gt Avalanche Mountain bike

Old October 20th 14, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Chantey Mann

Default 1997 Gt Avalanche Mountain bike

I am the original owner of this great Mountain bike. This bike has NOT been ridden for the last 13 years and kept in storage indoors the entire time. So it was time to let go of my memories and this gem of a bike. I purchased it from Valencia Cyclery on October of 1997 (MSRP $1100.00)

Upon taking this bike out of storage, I immediately had WIGGLE BICYCLES on Waller Street evaluate and service the bike(invoice is available) on October 1, 2014. Wiggle Bicycles are a very nice honest bike repair business. They are getting a YELP review from me ASAP..

OKAY now the details that I took off the bike. I also have ALL the original literature that came with the bike. If I miss something in the description, call, text, or email me and even better "come by to look at it!!!"

14.5" Frame; 26" Wheels; Color- slate grey; Rock Shox Suspension Fork; Kore Aheadlite handlebars;
Mavic 221UB Control Parallax 100 Rims; Tioga Headset; WTB Velociraptor wheels; Custom butted heat treated aluminum; WTB SST saddle; Servo-Wave Action Shimano;
AND MOST IMPORTANT.. are the Shimano Deore XT; and Shimano Deore LX "8 Speed"!!!!!

This bike does have some very minimal cosmetic damage which includes minor scratches, paint chips, and decal peeling. But as per Wiggle Bicycle this mountain mover is structurally(and mechanically) sound and feels like it deserves a "new" bike status.. (ha ha)

This bike can cover the rough terrain of a mountain or maneuver around the crazy automobile drivers in
San Francisco. LOL

I am posting pictures of the bike along with a shot of some accessories I will throw in for free if you want them.. The bike rack alone is a really nice one!
Thanks ..
BTW- because of the frame size ...this bike is most ideal for someone under 5'6" tall.

If you need close ups of the photos, well of course email me and ask...

Asking $375 inquiries

trek or avalanche mart99 UK 2 June 13th 08 12:01 PM
FS: GT Avalanche 2.0 Disc 2006 Paul UK 0 January 29th 06 02:24 PM
FS: GT Avalanche 2.0 Disc 2006 Paul UK 0 January 29th 06 02:23 PM
GT avalanche 2.0 disc - GOOD? hob UK 0 January 30th 05 11:19 AM
Low-end opinions: GT Avalanche 3.0 vs. K2 Cheyenne George Mealer Off Road 2 August 5th 03 09:40 PM