LANCE - Compression hose?

Old July 17th 09, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

Default LANCE - Compression hose?

http://tinyurl.com/ml3xed

Isn't that what he's wearing? Do some of the pros do this at night to
prevent varicose veins?

Brad Anders
Old July 17th 09, 10:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Paul B. Anders wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/ml3xed

Isn't that what he's wearing? Do some of the pros do this at night to
prevent varicose veins?

Brad Anders

Reduce edema and promote faster recovery.
Old July 17th 09, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:34:13 -0700 (PDT), "Paul B. Anders"
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/ml3xed

Isn't that what he's wearing? Do some of the pros do this at night to
prevent varicose veins?

Brad Anders

Yes. Aids the 'peripheral pump'.

http://www.53x12.com/do/show?page=article&id=30

Quote:
Due to the force of gravity, in a human body at rest, standing erect,
a hydrostatic vein blood pressure of about 90-100mmHg opposes blood
return to the heart.

This pumping action is flanked by a system of valves within the veins
that keep the blood from flowing back down between muscle
contractions.

In cycling, the efficiency of this peripheral pump is enhanced by high
pedaling cadences (International Journal of Sports Medicine 1996;17 :
17-21).

In certain individuals, this system functions imperfectly. With
increased age, for example, valve efficiency is reduced, and the
Peripheral Pump doesn’t work as well as it should. ...

In such cases it can be helpful to use graduated compression medical
support socks which, applying the correct pressure from the exterior,
can facilitate the functioning of Peripheral Pump.
/End Quote
Old July 17th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/ml3xed

Isn't that what he's wearing? Do some of the pros do this at night to
prevent varicose veins?

Brad Anders

Scary, eh...you should see these guys' arms too, even if there is no
more doping it, he way they look is still pretty "unnatural", circus
animals really...
Old July 17th 09, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jul 17, 6:01*pm, Keith wrote:

Scary, eh...you should see these guys' arms too, even if there is no
more doping it, he way they look is still pretty "unnatural", circus
animals really...

How "natural" is 3% "body" fat"?"

Do you think using quotes calls your "intelligence" into question?

Old July 17th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Jul 18, 12:07*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 17, 6:01*pm, Keith wrote:

Scary, eh...you should see these guys' arms too, even if there is no
more doping it, he way they look is still pretty "unnatural", circus
animals really...

How "natural" is 3% "body" fat"?"

Do you think using quotes calls your "intelligence" into question?

Actually, I have made a case that 3% body fat does not make scientific
sense. In fact, I have yet to find a definition of body fat that makes
rigorous sense.

-ilan
Old July 17th 09, 11:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Paul B. Anders wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/ml3xed

Isn't that what he's wearing? Do some of the pros do this at night to
prevent varicose veins?

Pertinent link:
http://www.cycle-smart.com/blog/2009...ession-tights/

Old July 18th 09, 05:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark & Steven Bornfeld

On Jul 17, 6:01 pm, Keith wrote:

Scary, eh...you should see these guys' arms too, even if there is no
more doping it, he way they look is still pretty "unnatural", circus
animals really...

How "natural" is 3% "body" fat"?"

Do you think using quotes calls your "intelligence" into question?

Actually, I have made a case that 3% body fat does not make scientific
sense. In fact, I have yet to find a definition of body fat that makes
rigorous sense.

-ilan

I may need Chung over at the classical guitar ng. Some people take for
granted that blood cholesterol is a scam perpetrated by the phama
companies to sell statins--and that higher cholesterol is good for you.
Not HDL-cholesterol, but total cholesterol. Low cholesterol they say
is linked to Alzheimer's d.
None of this makes sense.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old July 19th 09, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
someone

On Jul 17, 6:01*pm, Keith wrote:

Scary, eh...you should see these guys' arms too, even if there is no
more doping it, he way they look is still pretty "unnatural", circus
animals really...

How "natural" is 3% "body" fat"?"

Do you think using quotes calls your "intelligence" into question?

Actually, I have made a case that 3% body fat does not make scientific
sense. In fact, I have yet to find a definition of body fat that makes
rigorous sense.

-ilan

I thought that 5% body fat was required for correct nervous function.
Else they'll be falling off the mountains.

I'm not kidding, compression stockings Urb Anwriter Techniques 22 February 3rd 09 10:44 PM
tyre compression? nimbus rider Unicycling 0 August 4th 08 10:35 AM
tire compression questions. gordito8me Unicycling 9 November 12th 06 01:08 AM
Compression tights Set General 5 November 5th 06 01:34 AM
Stuck compression plug Donga Techniques 2 June 24th 06 11:24 PM