Wheel Fanatyk’s Tensiometer

Old November 18th 15, 06:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Wheel Fanatyk’s Tensiometer

http://www.wheelfanatyk.com/blog/whe...s-tensiometer/

I'm tempted. Currently using a TM-1, and the variability on consecutive
readings is starting to get annoying (10-15%).

What does the froup think?
Old November 18th 15, 01:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 11/18/2015 12:15 AM, Tosspot wrote:
http://www.wheelfanatyk.com/blog/whe...s-tensiometer/

I'm tempted. Currently using a TM-1, and the variability on
consecutive readings is starting to get annoying (10-15%).

What does the froup think?

How many wheels does your organization build per shift?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old November 18th 15, 02:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Langley Langley ? where have I heard that name ?

well, that said if the market survives a rate hike maybe we'll find a quality headlamp in January.

This season, we're offering The Berto Wheel Building and Spoke Measurement Tool in genuine aged skid cherry and soft maple for $149 plus $120 handling and shipping with a framed poster of the ERD garbage truck at speed

described herein:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1022344...1/DIYBIKETOOLS

cool blog... DIY has a Beloki photo plus arcanisms.

gotta go...I'm having an aneurism.....
Old November 18th 15, 04:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 7:41:54 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Langley Langley ? where have I heard that name ?

well, that said if the market survives a rate hike maybe we'll find a quality headlamp in January.

This season, we're offering The Berto Wheel Building and Spoke Measurement Tool in genuine aged skid cherry and soft maple for $149 plus $120 handling and shipping with a framed poster of the ERD garbage truck at speed

described herein:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1022344...1/DIYBIKETOOLS

cool blog... DIY has a Beloki photo plus arcanisms.

gotta go...I'm having an aneurism.....

####################

? who knows ?

Old November 18th 15, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 18/11/15 14:41, AMuzi wrote:
On 11/18/2015 12:15 AM, Tosspot wrote:
http://www.wheelfanatyk.com/blog/whe...s-tensiometer/

I'm tempted. Currently using a TM-1, and the variability on
consecutive readings is starting to get annoying (10-15%).

What does the froup think?

How many wheels does your organization build per shift?

About a pair every 6 months. But the organisation is single, with some
time on his hands, and disposable income :-)

Old November 18th 15, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 5:46:46 PM UTC, Tosspot wrote:
On 18/11/15 14:41, AMuzi wrote:
On 11/18/2015 12:15 AM, Tosspot wrote:
http://www.wheelfanatyk.com/blog/whe...s-tensiometer/

I'm tempted. Currently using a TM-1, and the variability on
consecutive readings is starting to get annoying (10-15%).

What does the froup think?

How many wheels does your organization build per shift?

About a pair every 6 months. But the organisation is single, with some
time on his hands, and disposable income :-)

It's a thing of beauty. I salute you for your dedication. If I built any wheels at all*, I would buy one. Thanks for the reference to Wheel Fanatyk's tools: fascinating mix of high tech and hardwood joinery.

*I ride on wheels computerbuilt in Germany for a circumnavigation, using huge Exal rims with specially angled drillings and Sapim Strong Spokes (elbow angle to match Exal rim) with Polyax nipples,that have survived seven years of rough roads. I have spare wheels standing by, built as protos by Keith Bontrager, almost too beautiful to ride on (doesn't stop me, of course), and also some wheels that came on a Gazelle, built to a lower standard, which I patiently over a period of years rebuilt until they are almost as good the previously mentioned sets. At seven years per set, they'll probably see me out. So I'm not building any wheels, or buying tools for wheelbuilding, regardless of the hew-yooge temptation you set before us.

It's great of Jobst to put his superior design in the public domain. I permit amateurs to build my best thermionic vacuum tube amplifier and high-sensitivity loudspeaker designs -- see http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/fiultra/...0ON%20AMPS.htm -- for their own use free of charge but I expect to be paid royalties for commercial use.

Andre Jute
Toolfondler
Old November 18th 15, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

that have survived seven years of rough roads.

WOW
Old November 19th 15, 06:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 18/11/15 22:44, Doug Landau wrote:
that have survived seven years of rough roads.

WOW

The only original thing on my commuter is now the front rim. 20,000
kilometres and still going. Come to think of it, I can't recall what
happened to the rear, but it doesn't match the front, so something must
have happened :-(

In no particular order;

bottom bracket
brakes
chain guard
cranks
frame
front hub
front light
grips
handlebars
mudguards
pedals
rack
rear hub
rear light
rear rim
rotors
saddle
seatpost
stem
tyres

And the bike is *still* going strong after 20,000 kms :-)

Old November 19th 15, 07:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 19/11/15 16:28, Tosspot wrote:
[...]

Wow, I got about 100,000km from a pair of Mavic CXP30 rims on Shimano
Ultegra hubs. Heavy rims, but strong. I retired them because the brake
surface was very concave and I feared they may have become fragile.

--
JS
Old November 19th 15, 08:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dennis Davis[_2_]

In article ,
Tosspot wrote:
[...]

Hmmm, elements of the Ship of Theseus paradox there[1].

Or, for a more modern take on the question, I offer you Trigger's
Broom[2][3].

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

[2] http://foolsandhorses.weebly.com/triggers-broom.html

[3] http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/onlyfool.../quote11.shtml