It's days like today...

Old December 15th 03, 11:20 PM
Paladin

Default It's days like today...

Dave W wrote in message ...
that I'm glad I live in the south. While the rest of the nation is digging
out of seemingly endless blizzards, Mother Nature has slipped in a
beautiful day in an otherwise dreary December. Sunny and 55 today. No rain
until late Tuesday. Hope everyone gets a ride in today.

Dave (12 miles today...woohoo!)

good for you, Dave. Our ski hill just opened, which sits just 20 mi
above the valley.

paladin
Old December 16th 03, 01:04 AM
iddqd

Dave W wrote:

that I'm glad I live in the south. While the rest of the nation is digging
out of seemingly endless blizzards, Mother Nature has slipped in a
beautiful day in an otherwise dreary December. Sunny and 55 today. No rain
until late Tuesday. Hope everyone gets a ride in today.

Go away :-)

It's 3 degrees, raining and the sun went down at 15.30 pm :-(

On the other hand just came home from a Sheryl Crow concert and I can
live a long time on the thought of sucking up some sun with her:-)

Kind regards

Bruno, Denmark

PS. I did get a ride in - on pavement and only 2x10 km's.
--
To mail me write to iddqdATworldonline.dk (U know what 2 do)

More of these http://www.westocykler.dk would mean less cars and less
polution.

Old December 17th 03, 02:26 AM
tcmedara

"Paladin" wrote in message ...
(snip Dave dribble)

Yeah, its pretty funny when you can ride the foothills, and 3k feet
higher, ski all you want. Nothing quite like getting above the
inversions that occasionally hold the clouds down in the valley, and
breaking into sunlight. Looks like a huge ocean of white cotton with
islands poking up. Where's that wax, anyway?

Paladin

I've been on the road between SE Virginia and Washington DC for the past two
days watching damp flatlands and wet sludge that was once snow seep into the
mud of the coastal flatlands. I read the above and it caused me much mental
anguish. I can picture the entire scene, right down to the angle of the sun
and and shadow cast by the mountains.

Tom....dreaming of snow and yearning to go West!

Old December 18th 03, 04:40 PM
Paladin

"tcmedara" wrote in message news:T6PDb.29587$hf1.22558@lakeread06...
"Paladin" wrote in message ...
(snip Dave dribble)

Yeah, its pretty funny when you can ride the foothills, and 3k feet
higher, ski all you want. Nothing quite like getting above the
inversions that occasionally hold the clouds down in the valley, and
breaking into sunlight. Looks like a huge ocean of white cotton with
islands poking up. Where's that wax, anyway?

Paladin

I've been on the road between SE Virginia and Washington DC for the past two
days watching damp flatlands and wet sludge that was once snow seep into the
mud of the coastal flatlands. I read the above and it caused me much mental
anguish. I can picture the entire scene, right down to the angle of the sun
and and shadow cast by the mountains.

Tom....dreaming of snow and yearning to go West!

Since you brought it up, it is so awesome, it's hard to believe it's
real. To be up there on a xc trail and look down over this huge
valley, with occasional mtn peaks poking up, looking like islands
amongst a vast sea of blinding white cotton. Right now, its perfectly
clear, and I don't know whether to ride, ski, or just hole up with a
book by the fire.

paladin
Old December 18th 03, 07:22 PM
Kathleen

"Paladin" wrote in message ...

[...]

It's rainy here. Rain, alternating with sleet. But my son's home -
Christmas cycle break already - and his best buddy, Brandon came over to
play. Little Jerry just showed up, too. Talks up a storm, but I can't
understand half of what he's saying. Julian and Brandon can follow,
though, so that's all that really matters here and now. They're eating
PB&J waffles and watching "The League of Extraordinary Gentleman". They
are happy guys.

Kathleen

Old December 18th 03, 10:55 PM
JD

Kathleen wrote in message ...
They're eating
PB&J waffles and watching "The League of Extraordinary Gentleman". They
are happy guys.

Copycats, except that I had PB&J sandwiches while watching that
yesterday. I was happy to be warm after a bit of a cold ride in the
AM. Today was warmer and followed up with an elk steak quesadilla, no
movie.

JD
Old December 18th 03, 11:53 PM
Michael Dart

In om,
JD typed:
Kathleen wrote in message
They're eating

AM. Today was warmer and followed up with an elk steak quesadilla, no
movie.

JD

Thanks to Kathleen and Penny, I have an image of Jer curled up in a fresh
killed elk ribcage with a hunk of cheese and some tortillas.

JD - "Just call me 'red'"

Mike

Old December 19th 03, 12:58 AM
Paladin

Kathleen wrote in message ...
Paladin wrote:

[...]

So I went riding. The hills were pink and lavender in the bright
winter sunshine. Cold, crisp and clear. Awesome traction with the
decomposed granite packed down and slightly damp. Runners, dogs,
bikes, you could see your breath. Over a month of being laid up sick
or benched by the weather, it was WONDERFUL. Everything felt so
intense, so exquisite, even the fear of a heart attack after a big
climb. Being alive.

paladin

Me too! (I biked to work today) -- LONG Moitz General 12 July 14th 04 12:41 AM
200 days Badger_South General 16 April 19th 04 06:04 PM
Postal Lottery: Turn $6 into $60,000 in 90 days, GUARANTEED Louis Mountain Biking 1 February 12th 04 03:00 AM
$6 into $60,000 in 90 days Brad Mountain Biking 5 August 24th 03 09:02 PM
RR some days at the races Penny S. Mountain Biking 1 July 29th 03 04:40 AM