It's days like today...

Old December 19th 03, 01:10 AM
tcmedara

Default It's days like today...

"Paladin" wrote in message
om...

So I went riding. The hills were pink and lavender in the bright
winter sunshine. Cold, crisp and clear. Awesome traction with the
decomposed granite packed down and slightly damp. Runners, dogs,
bikes, you could see your breath. Over a month of being laid up sick
or benched by the weather, it was WONDERFUL. Everything felt so
intense, so exquisite, even the fear of a heart attack after a big
climb. Being alive.

paladin

Now you're just being a sadist. You're probably going to go skiing this
weekend too, right? What's next, breast torture? (okay, just kidding
there.....)

Tom (eating my heart out)

Old December 19th 03, 02:20 AM
Paladin

tcmedara wrote:

"Paladin" wrote in message
om...

So I went riding. The hills were pink and lavender in the bright
winter sunshine. Cold, crisp and clear. Awesome traction with the
decomposed granite packed down and slightly damp. Runners, dogs,
bikes, you could see your breath. Over a month of being laid up sick
or benched by the weather, it was WONDERFUL. Everything felt so
intense, so exquisite, even the fear of a heart attack after a big
climb. Being alive.

paladin

Now you're just being a sadist. You're probably going to go skiing this
weekend too, right? What's next, breast torture? (okay, just kidding
there.....)

Tom (eating my heart out)

Well, considering that my boy is begging to be taken up snowboarding, and

that one of my Christmas presents I get to open Friday (before we travel

to the relatives), is new xc ski boots, and wax, I gotta check em out & see

how they work, right? Or a little alpine downhill.

Yes, it was amazing out riding tonight. Everybody was grinning big.

paladin

Old December 19th 03, 04:43 AM
Scott G

that I'm glad I live in the south. While the rest of the nation is digging
out of seemingly endless blizzards, Mother Nature has slipped in a
beautiful day in an otherwise dreary December. Sunny and 55 today. No rain
until late Tuesday. Hope everyone gets a ride in today.

Me too. Year round riding weather is nice. If you can call summer in the
deep south "riding weather", when it is nearly impossible to enjoy a ride
after 11 AM because of the heat and humidity. Not to mention the swarms
of biting flies and big-ass spiders.

Winter is the season for mountain biking in the deep south. Summer is for
the die-hards. The others remove their visors and become roadies.

Scott "Die-Hard" G.

Old December 19th 03, 07:15 PM
JD

"Michael Dart" wrote in message ...
In om,
JD typed:
Kathleen wrote in message
They're eating

AM. Today was warmer and followed up with an elk steak quesadilla, no
movie.

JD

Thanks to Kathleen and Penny, I have an image of Jer curled up in a fresh
killed elk ribcage with a hunk of cheese and some tortillas.

JD - "Just call me 'red'"

Mike

Gub'mint cheese.

JD

Me too! (I biked to work today) -- LONG Moitz General 12 July 14th 04 12:41 AM
200 days Badger_South General 16 April 19th 04 06:04 PM
Postal Lottery: Turn $6 into $60,000 in 90 days, GUARANTEED Louis Mountain Biking 1 February 12th 04 03:00 AM
$6 into $60,000 in 90 days Brad Mountain Biking 5 August 24th 03 09:02 PM
RR some days at the races Penny S. Mountain Biking 1 July 29th 03 04:40 AM