I thought Highroad didn't do oldschool?

Old May 27th 09, 09:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
flushtango

Default I thought Highroad didn't do oldschool?

"Kurgan. presented by Gringioni." wrote in message
On May 27, 6:04 am, " wrote:

These guys are pretty frail - which is odd considering how tough the
sport really is.

snip

Dumbass -

They're actually not frail at all. They are the opposite. The frail
ones' bodies can't handle the training load and never make it to that
level. A person with average constitution would never make it. The
training load weeds them out.

The only reason the racers are frail during a GT is they're spending 5
hours/day on their bikes at race intensities, sleeping in a different
bed every night, eating at a different hotel, dealing with transfers,
the media, etc. etc. etc.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Someone added the " which is odd considering how tough the
sport really is" at the end of my last sentence. I didn't imply it very well
but should have mentioned frail after the training ramp-up and subsequent 2
weeks of immune-compromising racing. you're right in that a regular Joe with
the usual moans and groans would never be able to handle the training. I
still think they are going a bit far by avoiding the A/C. Utilizing their
own cook and food supplies when possible sounds good though.

flush

Old May 27th 09, 11:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Wed, 27 May 2009 09:13:48 -0700 (PDT), Amit Ghosh
wrote:

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fu...atest%2 0News

"I joined the gruppetto on the Nerone, I prefer to stay with smaller,
rather than larger groups, there's more air - in big groups, it's hard
to breath.

My goal in cycling was to get to a level where the fields were so big
and we rode so close to each other than getting air became a
factor....
Old May 27th 09, 11:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark & Steven Bornfeld

wrote:

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fu...atest%2 0News

"I joined the gruppetto on the Nerone, I prefer to stay with smaller,
rather than larger groups, there's more air - in big groups, it's hard
to breath.

My goal in cycling was to get to a level where the fields were so big
and we rode so close to each other than getting air became a
factor....

I'm getting a little excited.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old May 28th 09, 09:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT wrote:
My goal in cycling was to get to a level where the fields were so big
and we rode so close to each other than getting air became a factor....

Mark & Steven Bornfeld wrote:
I'm getting a little excited.

The lemon club is a pro team ?

1-Slipstream,2-Astana,3-HighRoad SLAVE of THE STATE Racing 7 April 26th 08 08:36 AM
just a thought redlig Unicycling 7 March 29th 08 01:13 PM
Never would have thought this... [email protected] Racing 4 February 8th 05 11:50 PM
WTB/T 165mm TRACK or Rd CrankArms (OldSchool) MJKALLAL Marketplace 0 December 25th 04 06:39 PM
E2E ... a first thought ... elyob UK 31 March 12th 04 02:36 PM