Wind

Old May 13th 10, 01:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

Default Wind

On Thu, 13 May 2010 02:09:22 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:

On 05/12/2010 07:43 PM, Dan C wrote:

That's because you have very little education, and no skills that
anyone would pay money for. I've been telling you that for a long
time.

I guess you're starting to realize I've been right all along, eh?

As usual you are full of ****.

Oh, really?

I have never walked into a job I couldn't do,

Meaningless bull**** statement. Why are you currently unemployed then?

and I am still highly regarded as an analog guru.

LOL! Are you starting to realize that there isn't much demand for analog
any longer, Billy? Guru! LOL

You Dan the prick C, are barking up he wrong tree. What do you have a
degree in, of is it all bull****.

Electronics Technology. Been doing it for 30 years, so I know a thing or
two about analog as well, Billy. Time for you to wake up.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as the warp core breached.
Old May 13th 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

On 05/13/2010 05:55 AM, Dan C wrote:
[...]

I hate replying to an idiot/moron/troublemaker but I have a very good
work history. As for being a guru, I can still come up with things that
other engineers have no clue what I am talking about. I'd like to one of
the trained monkeys even comprehend what it is I do. I called a friend
about 6 months after wards and nobody even understood what I was doing.
I do specialty design that ranges up to putting out up to 1 amp at + or
minus 2,000 volts, among other things.
Too bad your **** brain can't handle that. That means you are way lower
on the ladder than me, as in technician.

Old May 13th 10, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

On Thu, 13 May 2010 11:44:09 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:

[...]

Why are you unemployed then?

As for being a guru, I can still come up with things that
other engineers have no clue what I am talking about.

That I believe...

I'd like to one of
the trained monkeys even comprehend what it is I do. I called a friend
about 6 months after wards and nobody even understood what I was doing.

This I believe too...

Nearly nobody understands what you're doing, Billy, because you're a
****ing whacko, and normal people don't understand whacko behavior.

I do specialty design that ranges up to putting out up to 1 amp at + or
minus 2,000 volts, among other things. Too bad your **** brain can't
handle that.

Hahhaha. Child's play.

That means you are way lower on the ladder than me, as in technician.

LOL! Not hardly Billy. You'd be surprised. Amazed, even.

Run along and ride your bike to the unemployment office, Bill. Maybe you
can get a crop-picking job if the illegal Mexicans haven't taken them all.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his pit crew eating ice cream.
Old May 14th 10, 04:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

On 05/13/2010 03:45 PM, Dan C wrote:
[...]

Dan,
You are the resident whacko on here. Do I need a PhD with an IQ over
150? Most people judge me on intelligence, not how much paper I have
accumulated.
Now go back to your grade school before you get caught.
I don't even know why I indulge you except for pure boredom.
Old May 14th 10, 01:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

On Thu, 13 May 2010 05:06:33 -0700 (PDT), EricBabula
wrote:

On May 13, 6:13*am, dgk wrote:
On Wed, 12 May 2010 11:18:31 -0700 (PDT), EricBabula

That's tough. I'm much wimpier. Mostly I wear black jeans (because I
can also wear them to work). I wear different stuff sort of every 10
degrees. 20-30 is pretty much all my cold weather stuff. 30-40 is
lighter gloves, lighter middle layer. And so on.

I also have Hotronic toe warmers so I can wear regular shoes most of
the cold weather. Now that's ultra wimpy.- Hide quoted text -

Hey, at least you're riding! Not wimpy!

I'd say that, for me, probably 80% of the battle in cold-weather
riding is stopping the wind from getting to you. In cold, I wear a
windbreaker jacket ($8 on ebay) and windbreaker sweatpants ($12 at
Target). Under that I wear a long-sleeve poly shirt, cycling shorts
and maybe poly long underwear if it's cold enough) - don't need too
much more than that, really. Once you get going, your body provides
the heat. I have Thinsulate gloves which are fairly wind-resistant,
with an underlayer of Silkskins, in case I have to patch a flat tire
or something. Hiking boots on the feet on the real cold days and a
balaclava on the head/face/neck with safety goggles. Pretty much no
skin exposed once it gets down below 20F. YMMV.

Cold is not an issue - you just have to dress appropriately.

Now, for me, 34F and rainy/windy - that stinks!!! And, I found that I
really, REALLY DO NOT like bicycle commuting in downtown Milwaukee
rush-hour traffic when there's snow/ice/slush on the roads! Not fun.
Those conditions will make me drive the car to work, for sure.

Eric Babula
Milwaukee, WI USA

That's the bottom line, if it isn't fun, I don't do it. And I much
prefer biking in the summer with no shirt.
Old May 14th 10, 02:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

On Thu, 13 May 2010 20:21:26 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:

[...]

I don't know why you do it, either. You must be getting tired of the
public spankings I hand out to you every time you open your mouth.

shrug

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he stuck a pin in Hillary's implants.
Old May 14th 10, 09:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

On 05/14/2010 06:26 AM, Dan C wrote:
On Thu, 13 May 2010 20:21:26 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:
Dan,
You are the resident whacko on here. Do I need a PhD with an IQ over
150? Most people judge me on intelligence, not how much paper I have
accumulated.
Now go back to your grade school before you get caught. I don't even
know why I indulge you except for pure boredom.

I don't know why you do it, either. You must be getting tired of the
public spankings I hand out to you every time you open your mouth.

shrug

I merely find you amusing at best. It is impossible to wage a war of
wits on an unarmed person such as you.

A wet day but the wind had gone! Pinky UK 0 December 15th 06 06:44 PM
Wind Just Visiting UK 5 November 20th 06 05:02 AM
Wind BigRab UK 28 January 18th 05 05:51 PM
UK Wind Map Jack Ouzzi UK 4 January 13th 05 06:56 AM
wind! Walter Unicycling 5 December 28th 03 07:53 PM