Well that's a different reaction!

Old January 3rd 05, 01:56 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default Well that's a different reaction!

I took Mr N Frosty out for a pootle over the lunchtime. A couple were out
walking their collie which was unleashed. I approached with caution. Thankfully
said collie was very well behaved, staying sat on the verge as told to by its
owner, but with a distinct look of "WTF??" on its canine face. Later in the
route is a lane on which is often found an old dog, some sort of terrier, which
lies smack bang in the middle of the tarmac. When approaching on my normal bike
or in a car, the dog gets up and strolls to the verge, waits until you've
passed & then resumes its spot in the middle of the tarmac. Go figure, but it's
old, it's still alive, so it must have success in avoiding being run over.
Today was the first time it was there when I've been on the 'bent. It spotted
me - it sat up, it wagged its tail, it wagged its tail so hard it went into a
full body wagging session, and it ran towards me. So I stopped, wondering what
was coming next; friend or foe. It got to me, wagged like mad, licked my hand,
barked *happily* and promptly rolled over for a tummy scratch. It does not do
this when I'm on my upright!

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old January 3rd 05, 02:32 PM
Epetruk

..........................Later in the route is a lane on which is
often found an old dog, some sort of terrier, which lies smack bang
in the middle of the tarmac. When approaching on my normal bike or in
a car, the dog gets up and strolls to the verge, waits until you've
passed & then resumes its spot in the middle of the tarmac. Go
figure, but it's old, it's still alive, so it must have success in
avoiding being run over. Today was the first time it was there when
I've been on the 'bent. It spotted me - it sat up, it wagged its
tail, it wagged its tail so hard it went into a full body wagging
session, and it ran towards me. So I stopped, wondering what was
coming next; friend or foe. It got to me, wagged like mad, licked my
hand, barked *happily* and promptly rolled over for a tummy scratch.
It does not do this when I'm on my upright!

Thanks, Helen - that did make me laugh!

Old January 3rd 05, 04:28 PM
Carol Hague

So I stopped, wondering what
was coming next; friend or foe. It got to me, wagged like mad, licked my hand,
barked *happily* and promptly rolled over for a tummy scratch. It does not do
this when I'm on my upright!

Obviously he's bright enough to realise that you wouldn't be able to
reach his tummy from your upright saddle :-)

--
Carol
"Mmmmooooowooooff!" - the Moobark, "The Treacle People"
Old January 3rd 05, 09:21 PM
Mike Causer

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 13:56:45 +0000, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
wrote:

I took Mr N Frosty out for a pootle over the lunchtime. A couple were out
walking their collie which was unleashed.

[...]
It got to me, wagged like mad, licked my hand, barked *happily* and promptly
rolled over for a tummy scratch. It does not do this when I'm on my upright!

Helen, *do* let us know when a horse does this.....

Oh, can I borrow your Trice to try its effect on the horses around
Newmarket?

Mike (Not expecting success with borrowing Trice nor tickling racehorses)
Old January 3rd 05, 09:44 PM
Sue White

Mike Causer whizzed past me
shouting

Mike (Not expecting success with borrowing Trice nor tickling racehorses)

Choose your racehorse carefully. Some are very placid, others would eat
you just as soon as look at you.

--
Sue ];(

What goes down must come up again - Confucius' Law of Mountain Biking

Old January 22nd 05, 10:34 PM
Alexander Rice

Sue White wrote:
Mike Causer whizzed past me shouting

Mike (Not expecting success with borrowing Trice nor tickling
racehorses)

Choose your racehorse carefully. Some are very placid, others would eat
you just as soon as look at you.

I've found that animals in fields such as horses or cows will watch
recumbents pass with a rapt fascination you just don't get on an
upright. You must be careful however - i have discovered that horses
absolutely loathe the yellow flag on my windcheetah and on one occasion
I had to take it off and hide it behind my back before the horse would
pass me.

Alex